3681Re: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Volvo Penta MB2/50S

    Sep 17, 2013
      Interesting!  I have not encountered a gas burning Volvo Penta before.

      Andrew

      From: keith.vonderhulls <keith.vonderhulls@...>
      To: BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 3:42 PM
      Subject: [BaylinerBuccaneerGroup] Volvo Penta MB2/50S

      So I've determined that the inboard in my 255 is a Volvo Penta 50S, which uses gas, not diesel, as I had originally thought.

      I posted a pic of the motor. It looks practically mint. The water pump must have gone out on it very early on in its life.

      Anyhow...I found the workshop manual. I posted it in the Files section. The drive shaft/water pump looks like it will be pretty easy to rebuild. Looks like the problem will be finding parts.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic