3673Re: NEW YAHOO... How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways !

  • keith.vonderhulls
    Sep 10, 2013
      I own an internet based business with a php bulletin board, live chat, and a facebook page. We try to encourage people not to use the FB group for tech support because it's not moderated nearly as heavily, but they still do anyways. Anyhow...I know it can be a pain to keep track of multiple platforms, but it doesn't hurt to have multiple platforms and it's still free.

      A php board would be optimal, but it's not free and requires more work. But I think the biggest advantage to a php board is that any time someone searched "bayliner buccaneer", the forum would most likely pop up first. I don't think yahoo groups show up at all anymore unless you actually type "yahoo group" in your search.

      ANyhow...just my two cents if you guys were actually considering getting away from yahoo. This works just fine and I'm glad it's here.

      > when people search for groups they tend to search Yahoo and Google groups first.  It is hard to get members to join and keep up a group that is not tied into the main services like Yahoo, Goog;e or MSN
      >
      > It is Phil's group and he may decide to so something else... I wouldnt know.
      >
      > Andrew

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic