3247Re: New Owner

    Mar 27, 2013
      It can NOT wait! A mast coming down will ruin your day...

      I would check the rigging thoroughly, all of it, very carefully.
      If the rig is old, when one goes, the rest are surely not far behind. Maybe you'll get lucky and just the one was damaged somehow rather than failed due to age.

      It used to be recommended to replace standing rigging every 10 years. Heavy use in a salt environment - that is still good advice. But light use and especially away from salt, we all know that 30 years is not uncommon. Of course, these boats are that old now.

      --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, Jim Smith <ranger50@...> wrote:
      > Either the fore or aft stay wire is unstranded  just a bit, wonder if I should get to it now or if it can wait.  Will post a picture when able.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic