3194Re: Question about a 295's

  • brock.hecla
    Feb 26 11:12 AM
      Do you have any idea what the prop specifications are from the factory on the 295? I am converting to electric drive with a genset and I need to determine the proper gear reduction from the electric motor to get the best RPM for full hull speed. I really don;t feel like throwing this MD7A back in the boat now that its out. ;)

      --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "martin29549" <martin.wedepohl@...> wrote:

      > I have a 1977 Buc 295 that I actively sail and race just of the coast of Vancouver, BC. It is in fairly good shape and I have learned a lot just by performing all the maintenance and upkeep on the boat myself. It's rigged with a furling jib and an asymmetric spinnaker in a sock (I sail and race solo most of the time).
      >
      > I am about to do my yearly engine maintenance on it before the racing season starts the beginning of March.
      >
      > Glad to find someone else with a 295 on the forum.
      >
      > Martin
      >

      > --- In BaylinerBuccaneerGroup@yahoogroups.com, "brock.hecla" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Everyone,
      > > I am curious if anyone else has currently ,or in the past owned a buc 295? I picked it up late last year in the san juan islands and it is currently about a half mile from its birth factory in Arlington, WA being rebuilt by me. I am always looking for good information and anything helps ... pdf manuals & documentation, general advice, trouble spots, etc ... I am in the middle of a complete rebuild right now and any little bit helps. This is my first time posting here but it looks like there are a lot of people that love their buccaneers :) I am glad to be part of the group! Have a great day :)

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic