Re: [BAMS] The City-Yuba City

  • debbie viess
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 9:39 AM
      Beautiful Hugh! The upside of waste places.

      Deb

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3 8:04 PM
        There are some in Pasadena too

        http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12317523/page/1

      • debbie viess
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 2:17 PM
          Thanks for posting this link, Alan. These big, bad, way-cool secotioid shrooms were some of only a handful of fungi brought in to the LAMS meeting last November, when the rains were absent and I was a visiting lecturer. It was the first time that I'd seen them in hand. Very impressive critters.

          They are the bonus mushroom plan for those who hunt in dry and seemingly impoverished habitat. Mushrooms seem to make themselves at home just about everywhere!

          Almost like manna from heaven...

          Speaking of which, Terfezia and Tirmania sp., truffles from North Africa, are thought to have been the original manna found by the Wandering Jews of biblical times.  Guess those tribes just couldn't "pass-over" that fungal bonanza. ;)

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 5:04 PM
            I just found a new set of Longula texensis in a new place...
            in the park around the corner.
            Now closer and more common than ever.
            Phalluscybe
            Hugh Smith