upcoming Bat Talk - San Onofre State Beach

  • Cynthia Myers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2006

      ^..^   ^..^   ^..^

      Hi Bat Fans,

      Our wildlife rehabilitation group, Bat Rescue, will give a free sunset Bat Talk on Saturday evening April 8th, 7:00pm-8:00pm at the San Onofre State Beach/San Mateo Campground outdoor amphitheater, 830 Cristianitos Rd, San Clemente. The Educational Bat Squad will assist with the talks, after we warm up the campers and visitors with our interactive slide show and presentation. Please visit the link below for directions to the campground, or call (949) 361-2531 for more information. Admission to the park is free if you arrive 1/2 hour before sunset for the bat talk, but if you come earlier to spend the day you'll need to buy a $10 daypass. The coastline can be quite cool in the evenings, so please bring a jacket. The bats all have nice natural fur coats, but we don’t!

      And yes, this is the same state park through which Orange County intends to build a six-lane toll highway, to run right alongside the campground. http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=647

      cindy m.