Re: [BatAdvoGroup] BBB with vasculitis?

  • Leslie Sturges
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21 8:33 PM
      I see the bright red skin every so often! I think it's systemic infection. We had one who had lots of minor stuff, nothing obvious, but he was flushed and hot, then started swelling, which I have seen in red-skinned BBs before. We started him on clavamox and metacam, no improvement. His joints became painful and he stopped eating and moving. We switched him to naxcel injectable and he's making some improvements.

      I sent a swollen (started as red-skin) bat to pathology when her joints fell apart and I euthed over a month later. She came back as septic.I would start aggressive AB therapy.

      Leslie

      On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Cynthia Myers <cmsquare@...> wrote:

      Have any of you ever gotten in a bat with suspected vasculitis? We got in a
      BBB several days ago that was found grounded. He has very red skin and
      thinning fur, but no other apparent injuries. On the first night he ate very
      well, but has refused food for the last few days. Eyes are bright,
      coordination is fine, and he's very alert. Just won't eat and had bright red
      skin beneath his fur, and losing weight now of course. :-(

      Any helpful suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Cindy Myers
      Fallbrook CA

      http://home.earthlink.net/~cmsquare