RE: [BatAdvoGroup] meticam

  • Cynthia Myers
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013

      That's the same strength listed on the BWS medication chart, right? So I'd just follow her dosage:

      0.02ml PO , BID

      http://www.batworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2011-medications.pdf

      A 10g MFT gets .02m., a 5g Myotis gets .01.

      Cindy Myers
      Fallbrook CA

      http://home.earthlink.net/~cmsquare
      ^..^

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
        There's a misprint in the companion manual p 18. It should say .002 mg/gm just like ketoprophen in the next row etc. not .002 ml/gm. You'll have to dilute the 1.5 mg/ml solution 1:10  and use .2 ml of that to make your dose instead of .02 ml PO which you can't measure.

        --
        Karen Scheuermann, Wildlife Rehabilitation Permit holder, Tehama Wild Care, Cottonwood, CA
        karens2020@..., 530-347-1687
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2013
          Hi Karen--we dose .02 from 1cc syringes, and you can get the tiny .25 ml dosing syringes that make it even easier to give small doses.

          Leslie

          On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Karen Scheuermann <karens2020@...> wrote:

[...]

          President
          The Save Lucy Campaign