Re: [BatAdvoGroup] bats with broken/missing teeth

  • Leslie Sturges
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
      I agree. I gave up trying to feed them to bats because they stink and the bats never wanted to try them. My sugar gliders would slap them away--it was pretty funny. I will try wild beetles but right now, I'm watching it snow, so that will have to wait a while :)

      Leslie

      On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Carol B. <ceb_57@...> wrote:

      Darkling beetles are very bitter, and the bats don't like to eat them.  Wild beetles might be a better choice.

      Carol

      --- On Mon, 3/25/13, Cynthia Myers <cmsquare@...> wrote:

      Can you let some of your mealworms metamorphose (sp?) into beetles to see if they can handle them? If so, I would probably be inclined to give them a shot at life back in the wild. Are there remnants of broken teeth remaining in the gum that could cause issues later?

      Cindy Myers
      Fallbrook CA

      http://home.earthlink.net/~cmsquare
      ^..^