Fwd: Support for a Wildlife Conservation Stamp

  • Karen Scheuermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2013
      I got this message from the local birding community. They are working on a media campaign and looking for someone with legal expertise to write a draft bill. The plan is to have one of the representatives of the Wildlife Refuge Caucus introduce legislation to create the stamp which will work exactly like the Duck Stamp only for non-extractive users of the refuges. Meanwhile they are looking for diverse people to support the idea on the About Us page. It's just a beginning but, with the refuges being so devastatingly underfunded, we hope everyone will realize that this is an alternative source of income that can really work for our refuge system. Once we have an actual piece of legislation drawn up, we can start with the petitions and letters to congress. Larry's email is below if you want to tell him what you think.