two bat events in northern San Diego County

  • Cindy M
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2005
      Local rehab group doing two events. (I could use another volunteer
      for the second event, because I think my scheduled helper for the
      booth has to work!)

      1. Free public bat talk scheduled for Wednesday October 26th, from
      7:00-8:30pm, hosted by the Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation in
      Carlsbad. The evening will start with trick-or-treating from 6:15-
      7:00pm, and then our family-oriented bat slide show/presentation
      will begin at 7:00pm. We'll finish our talk by rousing a few sleepy
      bats (it IS almost time to hibernate, after all!) so you can see
      who's been trying to keep the mosquito population down for us all
      summer. Seating is first come-first seated, call (858) 254-2125 for
      more information. The Agua Hedionda Lagoon Discovery Center is at
      1580 Cannon Road, near Faraday Avenue.

      2. Saturday 10/29/05, 8am-12noon, Bat Rescue booth at the Helen
      Woodward Animal Center's 15th Annual People & Pet Walk in Rancho
      Santa Fe. Our booth will be near the Haunted House in the Family Fun
      Zone. We won't have any live bats at this event, because all the
      dogs and critters would make little bats VERY nervous! If you plan
      to participate in this great fundraiser for the HWAC, stop by and
      say hi! Click here for info:
      http://animalcenter.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=82134