Pup update

  • Carol B
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
      The orphans just got introduced to mealworm viscera. Some were VERY interested--enough so to try chewing the mealworm. Of course, no one has the teeth yet to actually eat a mealworm. I didn't offer viscera to the smallest pup (who isn't doing well) or the cat caught pup (who I suspect has internal injuries.).

      I lost the baby who had been with a family for several days, being fed dilute cow's milk. That drops my orphan count to fifteen.

      It started to rain as I was writing this, so I had to go out to check on a family I'd put in a tree. All three bats were gone--hurray!!!!

      I hope everyone is weathering this peculiar baby season well. I'm still having trouble grasping the concept that I have fifteen good sized orphans right now, when I would normally just be getting my first pup calls.

      Carol Bunyard
      Oklahoma
    • Kathy Estes

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
          With losses and gains, I'm now at seventeen.  Cat attack boy is still with me, so I keep administering antibiotics, but I'm not truly expecting him to survive.  The damage he suffered is pretty extensive. And I think there's more than what I'm seeing.

          The mother of the orphan I just got was killed by a cat, so I have yet another cat attack victim (this one is uninjured).  Why don't people keep their cats inside????

          Carol

          On Jun 2, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Kathy Estes <kestes@...> wrote:

          15?  You're my hero!

          =