First bat pups of 2011 for me

  • ceb_57
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2011
      A red bat who had come in for rehab a while back due to a tail membrane tear gave birth today. I was able to see four pups, though there could be a fifth in the bat pile. So far, I haven't been able to get pictures, as the mother hasn't been in a good position for photos. I didn't want to disturb the new family too much, either.

      Greetings from your newest group member!

      Carol Bunyard
      Oklahoma
    • Laura Hohman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2011
        Hi, Carol! Good to see you here!

        Laura Hohman
        Bloomington, Indiana

        On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:56 AM, ceb_57 <ceb_57@...> wrote:

        A red bat who had come in for rehab a while back due to a tail membrane tear gave birth today. I was able to see four pups, though there could be a fifth in the bat pile. So far, I haven't been able to get pictures, as the mother hasn't been in a good position for photos. I didn't want to disturb the new family too much, either.

        Greetings from your newest group member!

        Carol Bunyard
        Oklahoma

      • Carol B.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2011