Soufas, Harry - obit

  • morrisjvm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
      Harry Chris Soufas, a player and manager in the Coastal Plain League
      (among others) for many years, died on December 30, 2008.

      http://tinyurl.com/8hwzt8

      http://minors.sabrwebs.com/cgi-bin/person.php?milbID=soufas001har

      Jack Morris
      East Coventry, PA
    • Boren, Stephen D.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
        When you look at Harry Soufas' minor league record, he basically played
        Class D ball for years. Yet he had a number of good years, both in
        batting average and in home runs. Do players like him just like playing
        in their local area? Do they not want to advance? Why don't such players
        merit a promotion to a higher level of ball?

        Steve Boren

      • homerbobmcc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
          Where did Soufas die?  I have compiled his complete playing record and it was very good.

          Bob McConnell

          **************
          New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)
        • Tim Copeland