Lew, Ludwig

  • Jack Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2012
      Ludwig Lew, who played in the Cincinnati Reds organization and was a World War II veteran, died on May 9, 2012 in Fort Myers, FL.

      Ludwig Lew
      >>D: May 9, 2012, Fort Myers, FL
      >>Interred: Hollywood Cemetery, Union, NJ

      Published in Star-Ledger on May 17, 2012

      http://tinyurl.com/7a74lcp

      http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=lew---001lud
      Sabr ID: 3767c2db

      Jack Morris
      East Coventry, PA
    • Boren, Stephen D.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2012
        Mr. Lew also was a U.S. Army veteran and fought in World War II.

        Another one.

        Steve

        On Thu, May 17, 2012 10:04 am, Jack Morris wrote:
        > Ludwig Lew, who played in the Cincinnati Reds organization and was a World
        > War II veteran, died on May 9, 2012 in Fort Myers, FL.
        >
        > Ludwig Lew
        >>>D: May 9, 2012, Fort Myers, FL
        >>>Interred: Hollywood Cemetery, Union, NJ
        >
        > Published in Star-Ledger on May 17, 2012
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/7a74lcp
        >
        > http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=lew---001lud
        > Sabr ID: 3767c2db
        >
        > Jack Morris
        > East Coventry, PA

      • Rod Nelson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2012
          This other obituary clarifies his DOB somewhat, at least clearly stating that he was born in 1923 (confirming his age at death as 88) and not 1925 (as shown on BB-REF which is referenced in the remark about his pitching in the minors in 1942 at age 17, which I take to be erroneous).

          http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-press/obituary.aspx?n=LUDWIG-LEW&pid=157660347

          Rod Nelson