Re: Billy Harris, 80; Pitched for Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      I interviewed Harris in February. Here is my tribute to the fallen Dodger, including a photo of Harris with Roberto Clemente in Montreal in 1954.
      http://www.examiner.com/baseball-history-in-new-york/brooklyn-dodger-billy-harris-79-drank-from-the-sweetest-cup-of-coffee

      --- In BaseballNecrology@yahoogroups.com, Bill Schenley <b.schenley@...> wrote:

      > Billy Harris dies, 80
      >
      > FROM: The New Brunswick Times & Transcript ~
      > By Eddie St. Pierre
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/3r4uzee
      >
      > "Billy Harris was more than one of New Brunswick's greatest athletes.
      > He was a small town kid - he never forgot the people, places
      > and influences of his youth - who pitched in the major leagues and his
      > character never changed."
      >
      > MLB stats:
      > http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harribi03.shtml

    • Peter Ridges
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
        Harris had a unique career: he played only two major league games, one for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the other for the LA Dodgers.

        Everyone else who played for "both" these teams played at least 40 major league games.

        Pete Ridges
      • SSmith2084@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
          The Florida International League was a pitcher's league during its 8 year existence with lots of low eras.

          Steve Smith
          Englewood FL

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
            Steve:

            Thank you for the information. It sure seems to have been a pitcher's
            league.

            Steve

            On Tue, June 7, 2011 7:53 pm, SSmith2084@... wrote:
            > The Florida International League was a pitcher's league during its 8 year
            > existence with lots of low eras.
            >
            > Steve Smith
            > Englewood FL

          • J.G.