Re: [BaseballNecrology] Re: surviving players from 1920s

  • dalresearch@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009

      Al Lopez the HOF was the last 1920's era MLB player to my knowledge.  Cant speak to Minor League players though.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
        You guys decide if this counts:

        It's a great read about 93-year-old Dante Santora who apparently signed a contract with the Mission Reds in 1928 (a "half-ass contract" by this own admission) that didn't allow him to hit. So, it probably doesn't count.

        Tim