Revamping bartitsu.org

  • James
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2008
      Chaps,

      Due to the current hosting problems with the .org site I'm in the
      process of moving it to another provider, and changing it to a
      wordpress site.

      I'd like to use the blog functionality to allow list members to post
      up news updates, articles and the like. Whilst giving everyone write
      access would be a problem, I could easily set up an account for Tony
      and Will (assuming you are willing guys?) and between us we could
      make sure any submissions went up in a timely manner.

      How does that sound? Any more ideas on how the site could be well
      managed?

      James
    • lone_wolf_92001
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2008
        --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, James <james@...> wrote:

        > Chaps,
        >
        > Due to the current hosting problems with the .org site I'm in the
        > process of moving it to another provider, and changing it to a
        > wordpress site.
        >
        > I'd like to use the blog functionality to allow list members to post
        > up news updates, articles and the like. Whilst giving everyone write
        > access would be a problem, I could easily set up an account for Tony
        > and Will (assuming you are willing guys?) and between us we could
        > make sure any submissions went up in a timely manner.
        >
        > How does that sound? Any more ideas on how the site could be well
        > managed?

        Hi James,

        sounds good to me, and I'd be happy to help vet submissions, etc.

        Do you have any idea as to when the new version of the site will be up
        and running?

        Cheers,

        Tony
      • James
        Message 3 of 7 , May 12, 2008
          On 12 May 2008, at 16:01 (12/05), lone_wolf_92001 wrote:

          > --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, James <james@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Chaps,
          >>
          >> Due to the current hosting problems with the .org site I'm in the
          >> process of moving it to another provider, and changing it to a
          >> wordpress site.
          >>
          >> I'd like to use the blog functionality to allow list members to post
          >> up news updates, articles and the like. Whilst giving everyone write
          >> access would be a problem, I could easily set up an account for Tony
          >> and Will (assuming you are willing guys?) and between us we could
          >> make sure any submissions went up in a timely manner.
          >>
          >> How does that sound? Any more ideas on how the site could be well
          >> managed?
          >
          > Hi James,
          >
          > sounds good to me, and I'd be happy to help vet submissions, etc.
          >
          > Do you have any idea as to when the new version of the site will be up
          > and running?

          Just as long as the new ISP can get it turned around. No more than a
          couple of days I would think.

        • Kirk Lawson
          Message 4 of 7 , May 12, 2008
            On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:40 +0100, James wrote:
            > Chaps,
            >
            > Due to the current hosting problems with the .org site I'm in the
            > process of moving it to another provider, and changing it to a
            > wordpress site.

            Wordpress is blocked by the net nanny where I work. Probably by a lot
            of other folks too.

            Of course, my own CBD site is blocked by the same place. :P

            Peace favor your sword,
            Kirk
          • lone_wolf_92001
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2008
              --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Lawson <lawson@...> wrote:

              > On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:40 +0100, James wrote:
              > > Chaps,
              > >
              > > Due to the current hosting problems with the .org site I'm in the
              > > process of moving it to another provider, and changing it to a
              > > wordpress site.
              >
              > Wordpress is blocked by the net nanny where I work. Probably by a lot
              > of other folks too.
              >
              > Of course, my own CBD site is blocked by the same place. :P

              Hmmm - OK, worth bearing in mind.

              Tony
            • James
              Message 6 of 7 , May 13, 2008
                On 13 May 2008, at 14:10 (13/05), lone_wolf_92001 wrote:

                > --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Lawson <lawson@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:40 +0100, James wrote:
                >>> Chaps,
                >>>
                >>> Due to the current hosting problems with the .org site I'm in the
                >>> process of moving it to another provider, and changing it to a
                >>> wordpress site.
                >>
                >> Wordpress is blocked by the net nanny where I work. Probably by a
                >> lot
                >> of other folks too.
                >>
                >> Of course, my own CBD site is blocked by the same place. :P
                >
                > Hmmm - OK, worth bearing in mind.

                Is that wordpress.org hosted sites or all sites which use the
                wordpress software?

                It'll be on the same server as www.safeism.com and hosted in the same
                way. Let me know if you can see that from work.
              • Kirk Lawson
                Message 7 of 7 , May 13, 2008
                  On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 14:20 +0100, James wrote:

                  > Is that wordpress.org hosted sites or all sites which use the
                  > wordpress software?
                  >
                  > It'll be on the same server as www.safeism.com and hosted in the same
                  > way. Let me know if you can see that from work.

                  It's the wordpress.org.

                  I'll check safeism.com.

                  Peace favor your sword,
                  Kirk