Kirk's review

  • will thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
      For some reason, my review of Kirk's book has missed him several times. Therefore I'm issuing a blanket review to you all: buy it!

        Kirk Lawson's book, "Banned from Boxing" is a must for any martial arts bookshelf. It includes information one can find nowhere else about a time when the sport of boxing
      used techniques now considered too violent. Anyone interested in bloodsports of times past will want to own a copy of this essential book.
      -Will Thomas

    • Jason Couch
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
        Kirk, I also sent an email last week and did not receive a response. I
        figured I was just being ignored, but now I will assume you never
        received it. Unless you tell me you did indeed ignore it, in which case
        I will think up a suitable insult and email it, which you can then also
        ignore :-)

        Jason

        will thomas wrote:
        > For some reason, my review of Kirk's book has missed him several
        > times. Therefore I'm issuing a blanket review to you all: buy it!
        >
        > Kirk Lawson's book, "Banned from Boxing" is a must for any martial
        > arts bookshelf. It includes information one can find nowhere else
        > about a time when the sport of boxing
        > used techniques now considered too violent. Anyone interested in
        > bloodsports of times past will want to own a copy of this essential book.
        > -Will Thomas

      • Ken Pfrenger
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
          On 2/1/08, Jason Couch <jason_couch@...> wrote:
          > Kirk, I also sent an email last week and did not receive a response. I
          > figured I was just being ignored, but now I will assume you never
          > received it. Unless you tell me you did indeed ignore it, in which case
          > I will think up a suitable insult and email it, which you can then also
          > ignore :-)

          Hi Jason,

          Long time no speak! Kirk emailed me about two weeks ago and told me
          that he was planning on ignoring that lawyer bastard from now on...I
          can only assume he meant you. Please cc a copy of your insulting
          letter to my email address.

          Ken
        • Kirk Lawson
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
            On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 06:54 -0800, will thomas wrote:
            > For some reason, my review of Kirk's book has missed him several
            > times.

            Yeah, I think my ISP may be pre-screening spam and getting
            false-positives or something. It's just not getting to me. I verified
            in my spam dump. Just not there. :(

            > Therefore I'm issuing a blanket review to you all: buy it!
            >
            > Kirk Lawson's book, "Banned from Boxing" is a must for any martial
            > arts bookshelf. It includes information one can find nowhere else
            > about a time when the sport of boxing
            > used techniques now considered too violent. Anyone interested in
            > bloodsports of times past will want to own a copy of this essential
            > book.
            > -Will Thomas

            Thank you for your kind words.

            Peace favor your sword,
            Kirk
          • Kirk Lawson
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
              On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 11:34 -0500, Jason Couch wrote:
              > Kirk, I also sent an email last week and did not receive a response. I
              > figured I was just being ignored, but now I will assume you never
              > received it. Unless you tell me you did indeed ignore it, in which case
              > I will think up a suitable insult and email it, which you can then also
              > ignore :-)
              >
              > Jason

              Dagnabit! This is getting irritating!

              Sorry Jason, I've not been turning a blind eye to your mail.
              Cot'n-pick'n mail issues. :P

              You could try sending it to my Gmail account. lklawson@...

              Peace favor your sword,
              Kirk
            • Kirk Lawson
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
                On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 14:32 -0500, Ken Pfrenger wrote:
                > On 2/1/08, Jason Couch <jason_couch@...> wrote:
                > > Kirk, I also sent an email last week and did not receive a response. I
                > > figured I was just being ignored, but now I will assume you never
                > > received it. Unless you tell me you did indeed ignore it, in which case
                > > I will think up a suitable insult and email it, which you can then also
                > > ignore :-)
                >
                > Hi Jason,
                >
                > Long time no speak! Kirk emailed me about two weeks ago and told me
                > that he was planning on ignoring that lawyer bastard from now on...I
                > can only assume he meant you.

                No such thing as honor among thieves huh? ;-)

                > Please cc a copy of your insulting
                > letter to my email address.

                Oh heck, let's post it on the web. My wife would say that I've got it
                coming, I'm sure. hehehe

                Peace favor your sword,
                Kirk
              • Jason Couch
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
                  lol...and here I thought a moderated list would keep out the riffraff.

                  Jason

                  Ken Pfrenger wrote:
                  > On 2/1/08, Jason Couch <jason_couch@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Kirk, I also sent an email last week and did not receive a response. I
                  >> figured I was just being ignored, but now I will assume you never
                  >> received it. Unless you tell me you did indeed ignore it, in which case
                  >> I will think up a suitable insult and email it, which you can then also
                  >> ignore :-)
                  >>

                  > Hi Jason,
                  >
                  > Long time no speak! Kirk emailed me about two weeks ago and told me
                  > that he was planning on ignoring that lawyer bastard from now on...I
                  > can only assume he meant you. Please cc a copy of your insulting
                  > letter to my email address.
                  >
                  > Ken

                • Jason Couch
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
                    No problem, I'll use the gmail addy in the future. I was just trying to
                    get a cover shot from the Fitzsimmon's book, but after a redesign of the
                    blog the one I have fits fine anyway. If you check out the blog this
                    weekend, you can see the Fitz book post as the centerpiece.

                    Jason
                    http://argosventures.net/martial_arts_reprints/

                    Kirk Lawson wrote:
                    > On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 11:34 -0500, Jason Couch wrote:
                    >
                    >> Kirk, I also sent an email last week and did not receive a response. I
                    >> figured I was just being ignored, but now I will assume you never
                    >> received it. Unless you tell me you did indeed ignore it, in which case
                    >> I will think up a suitable insult and email it, which you can then also
                    >> ignore :-)
                    >>
                    >> Jason
                    >>

                    > Dagnabit! This is getting irritating!
                    >
                    > Sorry Jason, I've not been turning a blind eye to your mail.
                    > Cot'n-pick'n mail issues. :P
                    >
                    > You could try sending it to my Gmail account. lklawson@...
                    >
                    > Peace favor your sword,
                    > Kirk

                  • Kirk Lawson
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
                      On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:49 -0500, Jason Couch wrote:
                      > No problem, I'll use the gmail addy in the future. I was just trying to
                      > get a cover shot from the Fitzsimmon's book, but after a redesign of the
                      > blog the one I have fits fine anyway. If you check out the blog this
                      > weekend, you can see the Fitz book post as the centerpiece.
                      >
                      > Jason
                      > http://argosventures.net/martial_arts_reprints/

                      Very nifty. Glad it worked out! :-)

                      Peace favor your sword,