H. Irving Hancock

  • will thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2003
      Gentlemen,
          I am gathering information on H. Irving Hancock for an article. Can anyone direct me to
      sources other than his actual Jiu-jitsu or fiction books?
      -Will

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • James
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2003
        can't think right now - was he English or American??

        did he serve in the military - records maybe at
        http://www.pro.gov.uk/

        James
        UK

        --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, will thomas
        <baritsumaster@y...> wrote:
        > Gentlemen,
        > I am gathering information on H. Irving Hancock for an
        article. Can anyone direct me to
        > sources other than his actual Jiu-jitsu or fiction books?
        > -Will
      • will thomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2003
          Hancock lived in New York, and was a reporter and writer. He wrote several books
          on Jiu-jitsu and physical culture, as well as series books in the Horatio Alger vein.
          For a time during the first decade of the 20th century, he taught jiu-jitsu privately
          in the city. I think I have enough for my article.  Now I must find the time over the
          holidays to write it. :)
          -Will

          <baritsumaster@y...> wrote:
          > Gentlemen,
          >     I am gathering information on H. Irving Hancock for an
          article. Can anyone direct me to
          > sources other than his actual Jiu-jitsu or fiction books?
          > -Will

          Do you Yahoo!?