Re: New Member - Lulu has best prices and look for promotional codes

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 43 , May 1, 2011
      I shopped around and Lulu has the best prices. Also if you Google "Lulu coupon code" you can usually find a discount; I saved 10% with a promotional code. Shipping is very fast, too, my book arrived within a few days. I was surprised at how large it is; I didn't look closely through the specs and thought it was a small paperback. In fact is is coffee-table sized and chock-full of information. I'm in awe of how much research was put into this book. It certainly is unique in my library, among the martial arts books and the Sherlockiania, there's nothing quite like it! It is a very enjoyable read and I'm about halfway through.

      --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "lone_wolf_92001" <lone_wolf_9@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Kirk. I don't keep close track of the books via Amazon, but I do think it's cheaper to order them directly via Lulu.
      >
      > Tony
      >
      > --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk Lawson" <lklawson@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Shaw" <mshaw@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,... My name is Mike and I am a new member here. Just wondering, are the Bartitsu books only available through Lulu?... or can they be purchased somewhere else?
      > > >
      > > > thanks,
      > > > Mike
      > > >

      > > Amazon will act as a reseller but it still comes from Lulu:
      > >
      > > http://www.amazon.com/Bartitsu-Compendium-History-Canonical-Syllabus/dp/B00262QZHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304098696&sr=8-1
      > >
      > > http://www.amazon.com/Bartitsu-Compendium-II-Antagonistics/dp/B00262O5ZG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304098696&sr=8-3
      > >
      > > Peace favor your sword,
      > > Kirk

    • Rabid Weasel Lawson
      Message 43 of 43 , May 1, 2011
        On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 6:57 AM, lone_wolf_92001 <lone_wolf_9@...> wrote:

        I've noticed that the prices via Amazon keep changing, but currently volumes 1 & 2 of the Compendium are both retailing at US$59.95 via that site. That's substantially more expensive than via Lulu; I don't know why the markup happens nor who/what controls the price structure via Amazon.

        No argument there!  :)

        Peace favor your sword,
        Kirk
        --
        "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
        knowledge of their use."