Documentary update

  • lone_wolf_92001
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 9, 2010
      Hi all,

      I've received an initial draft edit of the first ten minutes of the documentary "Bartitsu: the Lost Martial Art of Sherlock Holmes". As you may recall, after a dream run of luck during the actual production phase late last year, we ran into a series of technical and contractual difficulties that have only recently been resolved.

      The opening draft features readings from "The Adventure of the Empty House" and "The Final Problem", footage shot in and around Meiringen (the Swiss village adjacent to Reichenbach Falls), an excerpt from an interview with Neal Stephenson and numerous rare old photographs. It covers the bartitsu/Bartitsu connection as well as Barton-Wright's early life and martial arts training, ending with his return to London in 1898.

      I've learned not to make any estimates regarding expected release dates, but I'm pleased to report that the new editors have done a very nice job that bodes well for the documentary as a whole. Over the past several months we've also made some good contacts regarding production and distribution of the DVDs.

      Stay tuned ...

      Cheers,

      Tony
    • will thomas