"The Martial Athletics of Diana Watts"

  • lone_wolf_92001
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2010
      http://www.bartitsu.org/index.php/2010/05/the-martial-athletics-of-diana-watts/

      A mini-bio of Emily Diana Watts, author of "The Fine Art of Jujutsu" and creator of a rather novel system of physical culture training. Includes a video re-animation of some of her martial exercises.

      Cheers,

      Tony
    • will thomas
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2010
        Great, Tony. We should do H. Irving Hancock next. I'll help!
        -Will

        A mini-bio of Emily Diana Watts, author of "The Fine Art of Jujutsu" and creator of a rather novel system of physical culture training. Includes a video re-animation of some of her martial exercises.

        Cheers,

        Tony

      • James Marwood
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2010
          Outstanding Tony, I really enjoyed that.

          On 1 May 2010, at 22:21 (01/05), lone_wolf_92001 wrote:

          > http://www.bartitsu.org/index.php/2010/05/the-martial-athletics-of-diana-watts/
          >
          > A mini-bio of Emily Diana Watts, author of "The Fine Art of Jujutsu" and creator of a rather novel system of physical culture training. Includes a video re-animation of some of her martial exercises.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Tony

        • Redcrane
          Message 4 of 15 , May 1, 2010
            Great piece, the site is starting to become a great source of historical detail.

            All the Best,

            Chris Amendola

            --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "lone_wolf_92001" <lone_wolf_9@...> wrote:

            > http://www.bartitsu.org/index.php/2010/05/the-martial-athletics-of-diana-watts/
            >
            > A mini-bio of Emily Diana Watts, author of "The Fine Art of Jujutsu" and creator of a rather novel system of physical culture training. Includes a video re-animation of some of her martial exercises.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Tony

          • Redcrane
            Message 5 of 15 , May 1, 2010
              Oh yes, Hancock next please!!!

              All the Best,

              -Chris Amendola

              --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, will thomas <baritsumaster@...> wrote:

              > Great, Tony. We should do H. Irving Hancock next. I'll help!
              > -Will

            • Tony Wolf
              Message 6 of 15 , May 1, 2010
                Thanks Will,

                would you like to contribute a guest post?  I'm quite keen for Bartitsu.org to become a go-to place for antagonistics online, although I'd like to keep posts and essays plausibly connected to Bartitsu (a la Mike Ball's excellent two-part essay on "The Fighting Arts of Sherlock Holmes".

                Cheers,

                Tony

                To: Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com
                From: baritsumaster@...
                Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 14:37:45 -0700

                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2010
                  I'll give it a shot, though I'm in the final stretch of ANGEL OF DEATH. I'll see how I am progressing in a week. I'lll collect my Hancock books and articles first.

                  To: Bartitsu_Forum@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: baritsumaster@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 14:37:45 -0700

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 7, 2010
                    Thank you for the compliment, Tony - high praise indeed from someone whose writings I have enjoyed immensely for some time.

                    I thought all might also like to know that I am working with the editor of the journal "Canadian Holmes", who got in touch with me via bartitsu.org, to get a version of the article published in their summer issue!

                    --- In Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Tony Wolf <lone_wolf_9@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks Will,
                    >
                    > would you like to contribute a guest post? I'm quite keen for Bartitsu.org to become a go-to place for antagonistics online, although I'd like to keep posts and essays plausibly connected to Bartitsu (a la Mike Ball's excellent two-part essay on "The Fighting Arts of Sherlock Holmes".
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > Tony
                    >
                    > To: Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: baritsumaster@...
                    > Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 14:37:45 -0700
                    > Subject: Re: [Bartitsu_Forum] "The Martial Athletics of Diana Watts"

                    > Great, Tony. We should do H. Irving Hancock next. I'll help!
                    > -Will

                  • Tony Wolf
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 7, 2010
                      Hi Mike,

                      that's great - please let us know when it becomes available.

                      Cheers,

                      Tony

                      To: Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com
                      From: mike@...
                      Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:30:46 +0000
                      Subject: [Bartitsu_Forum] Re: "The Martial Athletics of Diana Watts"

                      Thank you for the compliment, Tony - high praise indeed from someone whose writings I have enjoyed immensely for some time.

                      I thought all might also like to know that I am working with the editor of the journal "Canadian Holmes", who got in touch with me via bartitsu.org, to get a version of the article published in their summer issue!

                      --- In Bartitsu_Forum@ yahoogroups. com, Tony Wolf <lone_wolf_9@ ...> wrote:

                      > Thanks Will,
                      >
                      > would you like to contribute a guest post? I'm quite keen for Bartitsu.org to become a go-to place for antagonistics online, although I'd like to keep posts and essays plausibly connected to Bartitsu (a la Mike Ball's excellent two-part essay on "The Fighting Arts of Sherlock Holmes".
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      >
                      > Tony
                      >
                      > To: Bartitsu_Forum@ yahoogroups. com
                      > From: baritsumaster@ ...
                      > Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 14:37:45 -0700
                      > Subject: Re: [Bartitsu_Forum] "The Martial Athletics of Diana Watts"

                      > Great, Tony. We should do H. Irving Hancock next. I'll help!
                      > -Will

                      Browse profiles for Free! Singles online now!
                    • Tony Wolf
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 7, 2010
                        Hi all,

                        I've been asked to present a Bartitsu lecture and demo. for the annual meeting of the Hounds of the Baskerville, the Chicago branch of the international Baker Street Irregulars (Holmes fan society).

                        The October meeting is by invitation only, but this will be a good opportunity to expose Bartitsu to a non-martial arts oriented audience.

                        Cheers,

                        Tony

                        If it exists, you'll find it on SEEK Want to be a Space Travel Agent?
                      • jeffery@mind.net
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 8, 2010
                          Glad to hear they got ahold of you.  They contacted me from our teachstreet.com add for the Portland seminar.  And wanted to know how to get ahold of you.  I found it amusing since you are located in Chicago.

                          Jeff Richardson

                          On Fri 05/07/10 06:21:00 PM , Tony Wolf lone_wolf_9@... sent:

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 8, 2010
                            Yes, it should work out nicely.  By October, there may even be a Chicago training option available for any Holmesians who want to take it to the next level.

                            Tony

                            To: Bartitsu_Forum@yahoogroups.com
                            From: jeffery@...
                            Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 20:07:33 -0700
                            Subject: Re: [Bartitsu_Forum] Presentation for the Hounds of the Baskerville

                          • gallowglassacad@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 9, 2010
                              Tony,

                              If you need a partner for this let me know and I'll see if I can fit it into my calendar.

                              Allen

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 9, 2010
                                Hi Allen,

                                thanks for the offer - it's much appreciated, but I already have a demo. partner lined up for the October event.

                                Cheers,

                                Tony

                                Message 15 of 15 , May 13, 2010
                                  Sounds great, Tony. Chicago has some excellent Sherlockians.
                                  -Will

                                  To: Bartitsu_Forum@ yahoogroups. com
                                  From: jeffery@mind. net
                                  Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 20:07:33 -0700