18836Re: [Bartitsu_Forum] Re: "Jujitsu for Ladies" (1905)

  • rkxyz
    Jul 24 10:10 AM

      I thought the discounts were to encourage more women to take the classes (given that women had less disposable income than men, generally speaking, they might not have even had direct access to their own money, after marriage).

      I personally didn't find either of their statements condescending, but I'm not as keyed-in to what more progressive-minded women find offensive, I've often been accused of being a sexist myself, so I am by no means the best barometer.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic