Re: Dixieland Jazz for BIAB

  • trombone_jazz
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
      --- In Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevro2000@...> wrote:

      > >"I was wondering if there is complete
      > > BIAB files based on the Old Firehouse Dixieland Fake Book. If so can
      > > you foward
      >

      > I too would be interested in these files if someone had them.

      Gees, I would like one of those also but I somehow suspect that no one has undertaken such a large project.

      Which reminds me, it is about time that PG Music put out some really good RealTracks for Dixieland styles. One based on the style of the Firehouse Five + 2 would be very nice indeed.
    • musik_maven
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
        --- In Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroups.com, "trombone_jazz" <grahmartin@...> wrote:

        > --- In Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevro2000@> wrote:
        > >
        > > >"I was wondering if there is complete
        > > > BIAB files based on the Old Firehouse Dixieland Fake Book. If so can
        > > > you foward
        > >

        > > I too would be interested in these files if someone had them.
        > >

        > Gees, I would like one of those also but I somehow suspect that no one has undertaken such a large project.
        >
        > Which reminds me, it is about time that PG Music put out some really good RealTracks for Dixieland styles. One based on the style of the Firehouse Five + 2 would be very nice indeed.

        Don't know of a Firehouse Five fake book in BIAB but I've thought about it. It's my favorite fake book for old swing numbers (we're not a Dixieland or Trad Jazz band)in part because it has the first verse for many songs rather than just the chorus and in part because it has a lot of older obscure tunes. (I assume we're talking about the same fake book)

        If I were to do any of the tunes in BIAB they would not be Dixieland style but rather swing. But styles & keys are easily changed in BIAB.

        Another good book for verses is Reading Lyrics but it's not a fake book, has no music- strictly lyrics.

        Alan
      • Erik Hansen
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
          Does the latest BIAB update have new early swing RealTrack Styles?
          There are a lot of good MIDI Styles for an early to mid thirties feel,
          but not so much in the RealTracks. Vintage seems to mean forties, post bebop.

          Thanks, Erik

          erikhans08@...
          http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=erikhans08

        • dhbailey52
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
            Erik Hansen wrote:
            > Does the latest BIAB update have new early swing RealTrack Styles?
            > There are a lot of good MIDI Styles for an early to mid thirties feel,
            > but not so much in the RealTracks. Vintage seems to mean forties, post bebop.
            >
            > Thanks, Erik
            >

            > erikhans08@...
            > http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=erikhans08

            I haven't checked out the newest realtrack styles, but
            they're listed at the BIAB web-site, so you can check them out.

            I know that back before real instruments and real tracks, it
            took a lot of years and a lot of styles disks (typically 4
            new styles disks with each new upgrade) to fill in a lot of
            the gaps in the early swing styles, so you may need to be
            patient for the same to happen to the realtracks.

            --
            David H. Bailey
            dhbailey@...