Dixieland Jazz for BIAB

  • lovethatbass Captain Bass
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2010
      You know ever since I have been using BIAB with my Tuba, it has been helping
      read chord changes and learning melodies. I was wondering if there is complete
      BIAB files based on the Old Firehouse Dixieland Fake Book. If so can you foward
      it over.
      Kirk

    • Clif Davis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2010
        On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:45 PM, chris.voice <idhanksnow@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys!
        >
        > Whenever I try to generate real instrument (RI) parts in real band it
        > launches an app called 'bbw2' from it's 'data' folder and then freezes as
        > soon as it attempts to generate RI tracks . It used to generate the style
        > picker from BIAB with BIAB behind it, and worked fine. I don't know why this
        > recent behaviour has started.
        >
        > Any ideas, and any fixes? I really miss the fine editing that can be done
        > in RB. :-(
        >
        > Chris

        If you haven't done a lot of fine tuning, you could just try reinstalling
        it.

      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2010
          >"I was wondering if there is complete
          > BIAB files based on the Old Firehouse Dixieland Fake Book. If so can
          > you foward

          I too would be interested in these files if someone had them.
        • trombone_jazz
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5 4:47 AM
            --- In Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevro2000@...> wrote:

            > >"I was wondering if there is complete
            > > BIAB files based on the Old Firehouse Dixieland Fake Book. If so can
            > > you foward
            >

            > I too would be interested in these files if someone had them.

            Gees, I would like one of those also but I somehow suspect that no one has undertaken such a large project.

            Which reminds me, it is about time that PG Music put out some really good RealTracks for Dixieland styles. One based on the style of the Firehouse Five + 2 would be very nice indeed.
          • musik_maven
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5 9:45 AM
              --- In Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroups.com, "trombone_jazz" <grahmartin@...> wrote:

              > --- In Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevro2000@> wrote:
              > >
              > > >"I was wondering if there is complete
              > > > BIAB files based on the Old Firehouse Dixieland Fake Book. If so can
              > > > you foward
              > >

              > > I too would be interested in these files if someone had them.
              > >

              > Gees, I would like one of those also but I somehow suspect that no one has undertaken such a large project.
              >
              > Which reminds me, it is about time that PG Music put out some really good RealTracks for Dixieland styles. One based on the style of the Firehouse Five + 2 would be very nice indeed.

              Don't know of a Firehouse Five fake book in BIAB but I've thought about it. It's my favorite fake book for old swing numbers (we're not a Dixieland or Trad Jazz band)in part because it has the first verse for many songs rather than just the chorus and in part because it has a lot of older obscure tunes. (I assume we're talking about the same fake book)

              If I were to do any of the tunes in BIAB they would not be Dixieland style but rather swing. But styles & keys are easily changed in BIAB.

              Another good book for verses is Reading Lyrics but it's not a fake book, has no music- strictly lyrics.

              Alan
            • Erik Hansen
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5 6:58 PM
                Does the latest BIAB update have new early swing RealTrack Styles?
                There are a lot of good MIDI Styles for an early to mid thirties feel,
                but not so much in the RealTracks. Vintage seems to mean forties, post bebop.

                Thanks, Erik

                erikhans08@...
                http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=erikhans08

              • dhbailey52
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6 2:01 AM
                  Erik Hansen wrote:
                  > Does the latest BIAB update have new early swing RealTrack Styles?
                  > There are a lot of good MIDI Styles for an early to mid thirties feel,
                  > but not so much in the RealTracks. Vintage seems to mean forties, post bebop.
                  >
                  > Thanks, Erik
                  >

                  > erikhans08@...
                  > http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=erikhans08

                  I haven't checked out the newest realtrack styles, but
                  they're listed at the BIAB web-site, so you can check them out.

                  I know that back before real instruments and real tracks, it
                  took a lot of years and a lot of styles disks (typically 4
                  new styles disks with each new upgrade) to fill in a lot of
                  the gaps in the early swing styles, so you may need to be
                  patient for the same to happen to the realtracks.

                  --
                  David H. Bailey
                  dhbailey@...