Why upgrade? Even if you are a MIDI person.

  • Bob 'Notes' Norton
    Message 1 of 134 , Dec 11, 2009
      I think the real reason to upgrade to the new BiaB is to keep the company in business and profitable.

      This version might not do much for the MIDI fans (myself included) but not having PG Music some day because of dwindling support would definitely be something I don't want to see.

      Personally, I would like to see support for more chords including the dim triad and many of the chords in the jazz fake books that simply aren't available in BiaB (so a compromise must be made).

      Perhaps that will come in the future, but there is no chance of it if PG isn't there.

      Insights and incites by Notes

      ---===o0O0o===---
      Bob "Notes" Norton • owner, Norton Music • http://www.nortonmusic.com
      The most popular aftermarket BiaB styles in the world. Why? Because they are the best!
      --
    • David H. Bailey
      Message 134 of 134 , Dec 26, 2017
        On 12/21/2017 3:06 PM, jdee779@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

        > As  a new member to the group and  I saw the welcome message whose
        > signature is very similar to PG music the "have fun" part, I am just
        > wondering if this group is actually run and moderated by PG music itself.
        >

        > Just wondering?

        No, this group is neither run by nor moderated by PGMusic. It was
        started by Alisdair MacRae Birch around 2001 and when his musical
        activities had him using BIAB less and less he asked me (who had been a
        member for quite a few years by that time) to take over as moderator. I
        am not associated with PGMusic other than as a loyal customer who has
        upgraded every year since my first DOS version many years ago. I buy my
        own upgrades and thus feel free to criticize as well as to praise
        PGMusic, and to allow totally free flowing discussions of PGMusic
        products and attitudes and direction (within the confines of civil
        discourse).

        PGMusic has no influence here -- we are a totally independent user group
        with over 19,000 (!) members from around the world.

        --
        *****
        David H. Bailey