Why upgrade? Even if you are a MIDI person.

  • Bob 'Notes' Norton
    Message 1 of 127 , Dec 11, 2009
      I think the real reason to upgrade to the new BiaB is to keep the company in business and profitable.

      This version might not do much for the MIDI fans (myself included) but not having PG Music some day because of dwindling support would definitely be something I don't want to see.

      Personally, I would like to see support for more chords including the dim triad and many of the chords in the jazz fake books that simply aren't available in BiaB (so a compromise must be made).

      Perhaps that will come in the future, but there is no chance of it if PG isn't there.

      Insights and incites by Notes

      ---===o0O0o===---
      Bob "Notes" Norton • owner, Norton Music • http://www.nortonmusic.com
      The most popular aftermarket BiaB styles in the world. Why? Because they are the best!
      --
    • Bob 'Notes' Norton
      Message 127 of 127 , Dec 16, 2009
        At 02:33 PM 12/15/2009, "Philippe Lemaire" <philippe_lmr@...> wrote:
        ><...> MIDI also allows a "velocity off information" about how the key is
        >released...<...>

        I have found very few patches and/or MIDI devices that respond to "Velocity Off".

        I used to have a keyboard that did on the vibraphone patch. Higher "off" velocities would let the note ring longer (assuming the same "on" velocity).

        Insights and incites by Notes

        Bob "Notes" Norton • owner, Norton Music • http://www.nortonmusic.com
        "The (Norton Music) Style Disks are a good buy ... and one of them just might give you an idea for that next million dollar song." -- Electronic Musician Magazine