June races and Kenyan Coaching

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2011
      The month of June is busy. You should be racing at least a couple of times.

      The Charles Village 5K kicks off the month. They are on active.com.

      Actually, the McVets 5k/10K at the end of May is the real kick-off. If they do not cover the increased costs of police street closures, this may be the end of a very nice event.

      The Survivor Harbor 7 Mile is next in line.

      Then the Baltimore 10 Miler the following week.

      Makes it kind of tough for me to continue throwing the Dreaded Druid Hills 10k the following week.

      The next day is the awesome Baltimore Women's Classic. What guy wouldn't want to be involved with thousands of happy women in skimpy clothing? Volunteer now, before the spousal unit/signifigant other/girlfriend puts the gaboshers on all the good times.

      This is unrelated to all of the above, but email me backchannel at baltimorerunning@... if interested. I am thinking of starting a coaching by Kenyans class here. The class leaders (I haven't even asked yet, but I think he is in) are both high level Kenyan runners living in Baltimore. Kipchirir was the Captain of the Syracuse University Track and Cross Country Team, and is pursuing a PhD at Hopkins, so his time is limited. Elija lives in Mount Washington, is a stay at home Dad right now, but finished 2nd in the Boston Marathon and 3rd at Chicago. His time is limited. But if enough people are interested, I can put together some type of "Coaching by Kenyans" Class. Let me know if interested, in the immortal words of the Beetles, "We can work it out".