Baltimore Ten-Miler Registration opens 2/20

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2009
      On June 20, 2009 Corrigan Sports will host the Second Annual University of Maryland Heart Center Baltimore 10 Miler. This distance proved to be a popular addition to the Baltimore Race calendar last year and we anticipate another strong turn out in 2009! The course will feature the same out-and-back course run in scenic North Baltimore and will have a field limit of only 3,000 runners.

      Last year's Baltimore 10-Miler event SOLD OUT in only 30 days so we encourage you to REGISTER EARLY! Other races at this distance sell out quickly as well. The Annapolis 10-Miler SELLS OUT its 5,000 slots in only a few weeks. The Cherry Blossom 10-Miler SELLS OUT its 10,000 spots in a similar span. And the Army 10-Miler SELLS OUT its 25,000 spots in record time!

      Corrigan Sports has a reputation for taking excellent care of its participants and for putting on great events that are fun and festive. We received a number of positive comments about the 2008 post race amenities that included ice-cold wash clothes, juicy watermelon, a live band and cold beer. All these amenities will be back along with some other features to highlight this second running of the Baltimore 10-Miler.

      Once again, the Baltimore 10 Miler will help to raise funds and awareness for the University of Maryland Heart Center, the Maryland Zoo and other local charities.

      Registration is set to open Friday, Feb. 20th at 10am EST and will close when the 3,000 person race limit is met. This is a full 3-months earlier than registration opened last year but we do not expect spots to stay around that long-- SO REGISTER EARLY!

      You can learn more about the race route, race premium, awards, packet pick up and other details about the event throughout this message or by visiting the website at www.Baltimore10Miler.com.

      Sincerely,

      Lee Corrigan
      Corrigan Sports Enterprises
    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
        Registration for the general public is set to open on Feb. 20, exactly four months prior to race day. As you recall, last year we opened registration just 30 days prior to the start of the race. As a reward for making the commitment to us in such a short span last year, we will allow you to be one of the first to sign up this year. For the next 48 hours, you will be able to sign up for the 2009 Baltimore 10-Miler.

        Registration will once again be capped at 3,000 participants. Last year, the race SOLD OUT and we anticipate a similar situation this year. The 10 mile distance is extremely popular as noted by the sell outs at the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler, the Annapolis 10-Miler and the Army 10-Miler.

        Again, we hope that you choose to join us again in 2009. We look forward to another great event and will bringing back many of the amenities that made last year such a hit including Race Day Packet Pick Up, a first class race premium, ice-cold wash clothes, refreshing watermelon, live music and free beer.

        Sincerely,

        Lee Corrigan
        Corrigan Sports