Baltimore Women's Classic 5K

  • carrie@baltimorewomensclassic.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2008
      Hi Jim,

      Would you mind posting this to your email list? Thank you!

      Carrie

      The Baltimore Women's Classic 5K is only 3 weeks away - June 22, 2008 at the Baltimore Museum of Industry at 8:00 a.m. The race fee increases on Monday, June 2nd, so register soon! We are online at active.com or you can mail in a registration form (plus sign up race day).
      http://www.baltimorewomensclassic.com/

      Top Ten Reasons to do the Baltimore Women's Classic

      10. With a Kids' Fun Run and the opportunity for men to volunteer, it's a family event! (Volunteer form - http://www.baltimorewomensclassic.com/volform.html)

      9. Special recognition for mother-daughter teams, largest team, and group raising the most money.

      8. The top 3 fastest times in 5-year age groups receive awards and certificates. Not fast? You still have a chance to win a random prize!

      7. All participants get a NEW BALANCE TECH TEE - great for the hot weather, it wicks moisture away from your body leaving you cool and refreshed.

      6. The best GOODY BAGS in town filled with loads of stuff just for women!

      5. The post-race village ROCKS! There are opportunities for shopping (purses, make-up, jewelry), obtaining health information, and getting a massage.

      4. The camaraderie of women cannot be matched in co-ed races!

      3. You will wear a timing device that will give you your EXACT time - from crossing the start to coming across the finish line.

      2. Be a part of HISTORY - we are the 2nd oldest women's race in the United States. 2008 marks the 33rd year!

      And the top reason to do the BWC:
      1. Being an Olympic year, we celebrate WOMEN and their right to participate in running events at any distance and at any age. The BWC is part of the Women's Distance Festival (WDF) in Maryland. In 1979, the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) started the WDF in response to the lack of distance running events in the Olympic Games for women.

      There are always some extras we didn't even mention:
      Roses at the finish line
      Over 100 volunteers ensuring you have a great race
      Loads of people lining the course
      Music all along the way
      Post-race food
      And a "refresher table" for women at the bathrooms! What co-ed race has that???

      For more information on participating or volunteering, please email Carrie at carrie@...
    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2009
        From: carriesauter@... <carriesauter@...>
        Subject: Baltimore Women's Classic 5K
        To: "Jim Adams" <jim@...>

        Hi Jim,

        Here's the announcement for your newsletter - thanks for posting!!

        The New Balance Baltimore Women's Classic 5K
        Sunday, June 28, 2009
        Baltimore Museum of Industry
        8:00 a.m. start
        www.baltimorewomensclassic.com

        Here are 10 great reasons to participate in the Baltimore Women's Classic:

        1. Fast and flat 5K in Baltimore, but also very walker-friendly

        2. We love our male volunteers! Who can resist a guy removing your timing chip for you and giving you a rose at the finish line?

        3. Kids Fun Run with prize bag for all kids

        4. Fabulous goody bags (we've been told we have the *best*)

        5. Music lining the course
        6. Post race village full of fun vendors and sponsors

        7. Age group awards 3-deep in every 5-year grouping, top 3 overall win cash prizes

        8. First 1500 registrants receive New Balance tech shirt

        9. 2nd-oldest women's road race in U.S., also a part of the MDRRCA Women's Distance Festival

        10. All proceeds benefit BWC Inc providing support services for gynecological cancers

        Register online at www.baltimorewomensclassic.com - and men can complete the online volunteer form to join in the fun!

        Hope to see you on Sunday, June 28th!