Celtic Solstice News

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
      Online registration is approaching its closing date of Friday, Dec 8. This will give us a week to match names with chips and bib numbers. You can register online or download a printable form by going to www.baltimorerunning.com

      We are going to have an extended packet pickup/shirt pick up starting this weekend and and continuing the entire week for those people who are pre-registered by this weekend. The idea is to get those who pre-registered for a shirt the opportunity to pick it up, and if they want to swap for a different size, do it then and not create chaos on race day morning.

      I will post those hours and locations to the entry list on the server, to to here (this listserv is not reliable in terms of getting informtation out in a timely fashion).

      If you have not registered for a shirt, we still have all sizes except men's XXL available, but it's getting to the point that we are monitoring the remaining quantities very closely, and I suspect by the end of the week we will have sold through a few other sizes.

      Race day morning, please carpool and plan to arrive early. Parking close to the start/finish area will be at a premium. Our plan is to use the Lake for overflow parking...but it is also part of the course, and we don't want parked cars to impede the flow of people.

    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2007
        We have decided to limit the event to 2,500 runners this year. We only ordered 2,000 jackets and will cut off premium entries at 1,800.

        There are almost six hundred entrants as of this writing.

      • Jim Adams
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2007
          The race is filling fast. Most women's sizes in small
          and medium are gone (there are a few left), and that's
          because the girls tend to plan ahead more than the
          guys. It's a Mars vs. Venus thing.

          There are about a hundred men's mediums left, and a
          hundred thirty-five men's larges. All other sizes are
          down to the ten or twenty left, first come first
          served.

          More details at the active.com website.