Fells Point Runners present TSUNAMI SURVIVORS RUN - BALTIMORE

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2005
      (Note: This idea started last week, but was moved back a week to give the the running community more time to publicize it.)

      TSUNAMI SURVIVORS RUN - BALTIMORE

      On Sunday January 9th, at 9:30am we will be running 4 - 10 miles around the Inner Harbor in Baltimore to raise money for Survivors of the Tsunami. The Mid-Maryland Chapter of the Red Cross is supporting us.

      The Baltimore/Mid-Maryland area has a vast running community. We want to maximize this network to raise as much money as possible for the devastating situation in South-East Asia, South Asia & North East Africa.

      We urge all local runners to participate and send this information to friends, family, and acquaintances so they can donate for you - or who also might be interested in running/walking.

      Please feel free to forward this information sheet to any local businesses you think might also be interested in supporting us or donating. If you cannot run, please forward this to people you think might be interested to participate/donate.

      If you are not running, and would like to support us on Sunday, please come along! Your help would be very welcome.

      DONATIONS
      Please send donations (any amount is great no matter how small or large) directly to the Mid-Maryland Chapter of the Red Cross, either online, by phone or mail (see below). Make sure that you specify the donations are to go to the "Tsunami Survivors Run" (either in the instructions section of the online form, or notes parts of check). - This is so they can track how much has been donated for our run.

      We will also have Red Cross canisters/tins for cash donations on the day.

      American Red Cross- Mid Maryland Chapter:

      American Red Cross
      Disaster Relief
      4800 Mt. Hope Drive
      Baltimore, MD 21215
      410-624-2030

      Website: https://www.redcross-cmd.org/Chapter/donateform.html

      RUNNERS/WALKERS
      Where: Canton Waterfront Park at the Korean War Memorial (Right on Boston St., just past Safeway)

      When: Sunday January 9th 9:30am

      Distance: Run/walk 4 - 10miles, whatever you feel comfortable with or fit in your training schedule.

      Route: Go out and back towards the Inner Harbor. Starting at the Korean War Memorial, and follow the water around to the Harbor. Specific directions and mileage will be posted at the start.

      Support: We will have signs along the way, with water, Gatorade and Bagels at the start/finish. There will be one water stop in the Harbor. Feel free to bring your own signs and loud voices to encourage people to donate along the way!!

      RSVP: Go to Fells Point Runners: www.fellspointrunners.com Click on the email link tsunamisurvivorsrun@... - Feel free to bring any additional runners along on the day. We encourage everyone to participate!!!

      CONTACT
      For any questions or additional information, please contact:

      Fiona Scott: (410) 908 6998 OR 5k Running Store:(410) 342 0305

      Website: http://www.fellspointrunners.com/

      Email: tsunamisurvivorsrun@... or fjscott29@...