The Mercury Mile - Charlie's Challenge, plus cross-country this Thursday

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
      The Mercury Mile, Charlie's Challenge, will be held this Thursday at 6:30
      PM in Patterson Park, starting from the Pagoda and finishing at the Pulaski
      Monument.

      The course drops over a 100 feet, with the drop coming in the first quarter-mile
      plus and the third quarter. Long, slow, and gradual, but definetily downhill.

      $50 winner take all to the fastest miler, men and women. If the winner
      breaks four minutes (or four-thirty for the women), then and additional
      $200 will be awarded. Ineligible athletes due to high school or collegiate
      restrictions will be recognized by donations of New Balance running gear
      to their educational institution.

      No entry fee. Event sponsored by Falls Road Running and New Balance - White
      Marsh. If someone breaks Charlie Messenger of New Balance-WM PR, well,
      who knows what they will get. But be prepared to run significantly under
      four minutes for that award.

      For more action, stick around Patterson Park and run the Metro Harriers
      Cross-Country meet that same evening. Meet at the finish line for the mile,
      and get going from there.

      Special thanks to the Baltimore Road Runners Club, the MisFeets Running
      Club (who have volunteered bicycle support!), New Balance-White Marsh and
      Falls Road Running for coordinating the event.
    • Jim and Chie Kelly
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
        Hi guys and gals,

        I am looking preferrably for 2 men and 2 women to run for Autism in the
        Marine Corps Marathon.

        I am with the Autism Society of America of Northern Virginia and top
        priority is that we don't waste these slots.

        Our second priority would be to make some money from the event.

        Please contact me - Jim - 703-430-0937 - before August 8th.

        Thanks