Sallie Mae 10K

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2003
      Hopefully, this email comes through in time. The Sallie Mae 10K is a highly
      regarded race on a very fast course in the Washington DC area (West Potomac
      Park).

      Falls Road Running is going head to head with several of the DC area's best
      running teams in this event, and we hope to bring some glory back to the
      Baltimore Running community.

      Registration will probably be stopped around mid-day Thursday in order to
      prepare the packets for packet pick-up.

      If you would like to run this world-class event, please visit their site
      through the link at www.runwashington.com .
    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2004
        --- "timallen2465" <timallen2465@y...> wrote:
        Hey Gang,

        I've been asked to pass this along to all runners. Deneen and Jim
        would you mind also adding to your weekly e-mailing.

        Thanks everyone.

        Keep Running,

        Tim

        Dear Tim,

        I am working with the American University Young Alumni Group to
        encourage alumni (of all ages!) to register and run the Sallie Mae
        10K on May 16, 2004. I have included the registration information
        below.

        Although I am encouraging AU alumni to come out, this
        intercollegiate challenge is for all universities. Each university
        will receive $100 for every 10 runners that sign up. It's a great
        way to raise money for your alma mater and Sallie Mae.

        If you could, please pass this information on to your running club
        members, friends and neighbors and encourage one and all to
        participate!

        Please feel free to refer any questions to me, Katy Herr via email:
        kat6185@a... or phone: 703-318-0352.

        Thank you so much for your support!

        Katy Herr
        _
        _____
        The Sallie Mae 10K is coming up... and American University is
        looking for alumni to run as a donation to the school. Here's the
        deal - the Sallie Mae Intercollegiate Team Challenge will donate
        $100 to each team that enters 10 runners.

        PLUS - The top male and female times from each school will be
        combined to determine the winning team. First place wins $10,000,
        second place $5,000 and third place $2,500 to be put into a general
        alumni fund.

        Now, of course, other universities may enter their alumni also...but
        we know that they're not nearly as motivated as AU runners! (Hey -
        if competition motivates you, the more the merrier, this is for a
        great cause!)

        Register online at www.salliemae10k.org. Make sure to put your
        university's name in the Team Name/School Name field and
        select "Intercollegiate"
        under team category.

        Individual 10K - $25.00 until April 27th, $30 thereafter.
        Team Member 10K - $25.00 until April 27th, $30 thereafter.
        Under 18 & College Students - $12.00
        Team Member - Under 18 & College Students $12.00

        --- End forwarded message ---