FW: Running Community Supports Underprivileged Children

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      From: Mark Brody <brodymark@...>
      Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:14:07 -0800 (PST)
      To: Jim Adams <jim@...>
      Subject: Running Community Supports Underprivileged Children

      Please join the Falls Road Running Store
      in conjunction with
      The Running/Walking/Eating/Volunteering Club
      as we sponsor Holiday Bash 2001!
      (Please contribute even if you can't attend. The
      children need us!)

      Dear Everyone,

      Thousands of children in Baltimore are not going to
      have a very merry Christmas or a happy Chanukah.

      Baltimore's running community is going to change this!

      We are going to raise over $10,000 to buy Christmas
      and Chanukah gifts for these children. If possible,
      please attend this great party. Otherwise, a
      contribution would still be very appreciated!

      The contribution is tax deductible. You will get a
      letter for tax purposes. 100% of the money will be
      used to buy gifts.

      Please make your check payable to your choice of:
      "Police Athletic League" (for Christmas gifts)
      or "Jewish Family Services" (for Chanukah gifts)

      Send your check made payable to one of the above
      charities to:

      Falls Road Running Store
      6247 Falls Rd
      Baltimore, MD 21209

      We will be able to buy all of the gifts tax-free and
      at a substantial discount! However, it is important
      that you send in your money as soon as possible. The
      sooner that we buy the gifts, the greater the discount
      that we will be able to get. Also, Chanukah starts
      December 9th. It will be very helpful if we get money
      for Chanukah gifts ASAP!

      Minimum Contribution to attend party: $50

      Party Details:
      Date: 12/15/01(Saturday Night)
      Time: 9:00 P.M.- 1:00 A.M.
      Location: Normandy Room
      3919 East Lombard St (across from Santoni's)
      Baltimore, MD 21224(Border of Canton and
      Highlandtown--7 minutes from Downtown)

      WHY JOIN US??
      1)Most importantly, $50 is enough money to buy gifts
      for three children who would otherwise be getting

      2)Party with 300 of your closest friends and future

      3)Open Bar: Free booze, beer, wine, and soft drinks,
      but please drink responsibly.

      4)Open Food: Free food from 15 excellent restaurants.
      A sampling of some of the restaurants expected to
      Ze Mean Bean
      Helen's Garden
      Olive and Sesame
      Coburn's Tavern

      5)Great Band:
      Freddie Stevens and Limited Edition (They are

      Contact Mark Brody for questions brodymark@...
      or if you need to pay by credit card. Also, we still
      have the need for additional sponsors.

      Thank you so much and please bear with me as I
      continue to pester you for this much needed cause.
      Mark H. Brody
      7251 Brookfalls Terrace
      Baltimore, MD 21209
      410-539-7578 x331