Race of the Week

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 1, 2001
      General Info

      If you want to register to run for FREE, come to the Falls Road Running
      Store Saturday, October 27th from 11 to 4 and register in-person. If the
      race limit is not reached by that time, then you may register in-person for
      FREE on Saturday, November 3, at the Falls Road Running Store.
      410.296.5050 for directions

      Sunday, November 4, 2001
      9:00 am - 5k Start
      9:30 am - 10k Start
      War Memorial Plaza (Lexington/Gay Streets)
      Baltimore, MD

      Directions & Parking

      Park in the garage at Lexington Street or under I-83. Daily charges for the
      garage for 2-3 hours is $4 or bring your quarters for the meters.

      From the North: follow I-83 South to Fayette Street. Right on Fayette then
      go two blocks to Gay Street. Turn right on Gay, go one block to Lexington
      Street and turn right and park in the garage on the left or keep straight on
      Gay Street and Park under I-83.
      From the South: follow I-95 to I-395 (inner harbor) into the city. Turn
      right on Pratt Street (at the Convention Center) go 8 lights and turn left
      onto Gay Street, continue for 4 lights to Lexington Street. Turn right onto
      Lexington Street and park in the garage on the left of keep straight on Gay
      street and park under I-83.

      Amenities

      Water on the course; refreshments provided; splits at one, three and five
      miles; all miles marked; commemorative T-shirt; random drawings for prizes,
      random prizes including cash; and, first 100 finishers posted.

      Registration & Packet Pickup

      On Saturday, November 3rd between 12 noon and 4 pm, pre-race day
      registration and packet pick-up will be held at Falls Road Running Store,
      6247 Falls Road, Baltimore, MD (410.295.5050). Packets will also be
      available on race day between 7:30 and 8:30 am at the starting point (The
      War Memorial Building at Lexington & Gay Streets).

      Awards
      Cash awards to the top three men and women as well as top Master (male &
      female) in the amount of $100, $50, $25, and $25 for the Masters.

      Age group awards (top 3 male and female in each category) as follows: 18 &
      under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65 and over. Awards
      ceremony immediately following the race.

      For more information
      Contact Dave Cooley at the Finished Product 410.377.8882, fax @410.372.0560
      or email at dcoolman@... or MCVET Development Office at 410.576.9626 x
      114.
    • Jim Adams
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 17, 2009
        I use to have a featured "Race of the Week" but these days it seems 5K's are a dime a dozen.  But the run through the Harbor Tunnel sounds interesting, and the BRRC will conduct the always fun Executive Stampede up in Hunt Valley on Sunday.  brrc.com for details on that one.