RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS

  • Jim Adams
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2001
      1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be at:

      Soprano's Cafe
      3200 Foster Ave
      Baltimore, MD
      (410) 563-7900

      Attendance will be 40-50 people. See you at 10:00 to
      run/walk and 11:00 to eat.

      2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. We
      meet at 6:30 sharp! If you're late, you will miss us.
      We start from the parking lot of the Johns Hopkins
      track on University Parkway. It is adjacent to the
      Lacrosse Museum. This run is 45 minutes. Following
      the run, we go out for pizza.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Mark H. Brody
      7251 Brookfalls Terrace
      Baltimore, MD 21209
      410-539-7578 x331
      brodymark@...
    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 7, 2001
        Mark Brody writes:

        Description of Events

        1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be at:

        Starrz (formerly Webbers)
        845 S. Montford Ave at Boston St.
        Canton, MD 21224
        410-732-8100

        See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat. We
        meet rain or shine. Once again, this is a good week
        for first timers to attend. You do not have to be in
        shape to join us.

        2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. We
        meet at 6:30 sharp! If you're late, you will miss us.
        We start from the parking lot of the Johns Hopkins
        track on University Parkway. It is adjacent to the
        Lacrosse Museum. This run is 45 minutes. Following
        the run, we go out for pizza.

        4)Save the date--August 25th is our next volunteer
        event. We will be volunteering for the Parks and
        People Foundation.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Mark H. Brody
        7251 Brookfalls Terrace
        Baltimore, MD 21209
        410-539-7578 x331
        brodymark@...
      • Jim Adams
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 12, 2001
          RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
          1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be a volunteer event. It is The American Heart
          Association Baltimore Heart Walk. This is a $300,000 + fundraiser for the
          American Heart Association. Heart disease is the number one killer of both
          men and women.

          We will be serving as route guides. It is the responsibility of the
          Running/Walking/Eating/Volunteering Club to make this the most festive walk
          in Baltimore. I designed the route and we need at least 40 volunteers the
          day of the event. Please help. We'll need you from 8:15-10:30. RSVP ASAP
          to me. Brodymark@.... We will walk/run following the event at 10:30.
          We are meeting at 8:15 at the west end of Rash Field under the pavillion.
          Please be on time.

          2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. We meet at 6:30 sharp! If
          you're late, you will miss us. We start from the parking lot of the Johns
          Hopkins track on University Parkway. It is adjacent to the Lacrosse Museum.
          This run is 45 minutes. Following the run, we go out for pizza. We expect
          10-15 people.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Mark H. Brody
          7251 Brookfalls Terrace
          Baltimore, MD 21209
          410-539-7578 x331
          brodymark@...
        • Jim Adams
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 2, 2001
            From Mark Brody:

            1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be at:

            One World Cafe
            100 W. University Parkway
            410-235-5777
            Baltimore, MD

            See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat. Runners and walkers of all
            abilities are welcome to attend. Join us for a 2-6 mile run followed by
            brunch. Expected attendance: 50

            2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. We meet at 6:30 sharp! If
            you're late, you will miss us. We start from the parking lot of the Johns
            Hopkins track on University Parkway. It is adjacent to the Lacrosse Museum.
            This run is 45 minutes. Following the run, we go out for pizza. We expect
            10-15 people.

            3)Baltimore Marathon Relay-- One of our runners needs to drop out, so we
            have an opening for someone to do a 9 mile leg. It does not matter how slow
            that you are.

            4)Waterstop at mile 20. We need LOTS of volunteers. This will be hard
            work, but a very fun thing to do. Please RSVP. Brodymark@...

            5)The American Heart Association Baltimore Heart Walk will now be held on
            October 27th. We will be supplying the volunteers along the route. We do
            need people to RSVP. If you had done so before the original postponement,
            you do not need to do so again. We will be meeting at the Pavillion on the
            west hand side of Rash Field at 8:15. We will be finished around 10:30.
            Brodymark@...

            6)December 15th Huge Fundraiser This event is designed to raise over
            $10,000 to buy Christmas and Chanukah gifts for underprivileged children.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Mark H. Brody
            7251 Brookfalls Terrace
            Baltimore, MD 21209
            410-539-7578 x331
            brodymark@...
          • Jim Adams
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 1, 2001
              Description of Events

              RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
              1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

              Joan and Gary's Bagel Shop
              1496 Reisterstown Rd
              Baltimore, MD 21208
              410-484-9102

              See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat. First timers are encouraged
              to join us. You don't have to be in shape. We get everyone from casual
              walkers to serious marathoners.

              2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. (canceled tonight for
              Halloween) We meet at 6:30 sharp! If you're late, you will miss us. We
              start from the parking lot of the Johns Hopkins track on University Parkway.
              It is adjacent to the Lacrosse Museum. This run is 45 minutes. Following
              the run, we go out for pizza. We expect 10-15 people.

              3)December 15th Huge Fundraiser This event is designed to raise over
              $10,000 to buy Christmas and Chanukah gifts for underprivileged children.
              We will start having information for you next week. I can tell you that we
              will be having great food, an open bar and an incredible band!

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Mark H. Brody
              7251 Brookfalls Terrace
              Baltimore, MD 21209
              410-539-7578 x331
              brodymark@...
            • Jim Adams
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 15, 2001
                1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                Tersiguel's Restaurant
                8293 Main St
                Ellicott City, MD 21043
                410-465-4004

                Haven't made it to one of our run/walks in a while? This is a great week to
                join us. This is supposed to be a great restaurant with a fairly
                inexpensive brunch. We will get about 40 runners and walkers of all
                abilities.

                See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat.

                Directions can be found on their website. http://www.tersiguels.com

                or if you are coming from 695:
                Take I-695 towards Glen Burnie to Exit #13 Frederick Road. At end of ramp,
                turn right and go West towards Catonsville. Go exactly 41/2 miles on
                Frederick Road (Frederick Road becomes Main St.) Tersiguel's is on the left
                at top of hill just past the Post Office.

                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 5, 2001
                  (If you join us at our fundraiser party on the 15th, 3 additional children
                  will be getting a holiday gift this year! Bring a friend and 6 additional
                  children will be getting a gift!!)
                  1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at Max's of Camden Yards
                  2)Wednesday Night Hopkins Run
                  3)Saturday Night December 15th Huge Fundraiser Party to buy Christmas and
                  Chanukah gifts for underprivileged children Over 300 people expected

                  Description of Events

                  RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                  1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                  Max's at Camden Yards
                  300 W. Pratt Street
                  Baltimore, MD
                  410-234-8100

                  See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat. Newcomers are encouraged to
                  join us. We are expecting about 40 people.

                  2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. We meet at 6:30 sharp! If
                  you're late, you will miss us. We start from the parking lot of the Johns
                  Hopkins track on University Parkway. It is adjacent to the Lacrosse Museum.
                  This run is 45 minutes. Following the run, we go out for pizza. We expect
                  10-15 people.

                  3)Saturday Night December 15th Huge Fundraiser This event is designed to
                  raise over $10,000 to buy Christmas and Chanukah gifts for underprivileged
                  children. Please make a tax deductible contribution (at any amount) even if
                  you can't make it.

                  Minimum Contribution to attend party: $50 (This buys a present for 3
                  underprivileged children.

                  Party Details:
                  Date: 12/15/01(Saturday Night)
                  Time: 9:00 P.M.- 1:00 A.M.
                  Location: Normandy Room
                  Dress: Dressy Casual
                  3919 East Lombard St (across from Santoni's)
                  Baltimore, MD 21224(Border of Canton and Highlandtown--7 minutes from
                  Downtown)
                  Questions: Brodymark@...

                  Open Bar
                  Great Food (Tersiguel's, Ze Mean Bean, Geckos, Planet on the Corner, One
                  World Cafe, The Backfin, Crabby Dick's, and more!)
                  Incredible 9 Piece Band (Freddie Stevens and Limited Edition)

                  It will be very, very helpful for gift buying purposes if you send your
                  check in advance.

                  Please make your check payable to your choice:

                  Police Athletic League (Christmas Gifts)
                  Or
                  Jewish Family Services (Chanukah Gifts)

                  (There is currently a greater need for Christmas gifts)

                  Send your check to our wonderful event chairman:
                  Amy Silberman
                  5 Stonehenge Circle Apt 9
                  Baltimore, MD 21208

                  or

                  Falls Road Running Store
                  6247 Falls Road
                  Baltimore, MD 21209

                  and Jim Adams will make sure that it gets to the right people.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Mark H. Brody
                  7251 Brookfalls Terrace
                  Baltimore, MD 21209
                  410-539-7578 x331
                  brodymark@...
                • Jim Adams
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 10 7:46 PM
                    (ED APOLOGY: Mark usually sends a very succint synopsis of what his group is
                    doing, and I accidentally posted what appears to be an inadvertant cc to one
                    of his backchannel messages. Many apologies for that gaff. Anyway, here is
                    what the Run/Walk/Eat/Volunteering Club is up to these days. - JGA)
                    Description of Events

                    RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                    1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be at:

                    Joan and Gary's Bagel Shop
                    1496 Reisterstown Rd
                    Baltimore, MD 21208
                    410-484-9102
                    (Take 695 to Exit 20 towards Pikesville. It will be on the right side in a
                    strip mall called "Club Centre". You will see a Blockbuster Video)

                    See you at 10:00 to run/walk (9:40 if you are running 8 miles) and 11:00 to
                    eat. We meet regardless of weather. Runners and walkers of all abilities
                    are encouraged to join us. We love newcomers!

                    2)Join us every Wednesday night for a group run. We meet at 6:30 sharp! If
                    you're late, you will miss us. We start from the parking lot of the Johns
                    Hopkins track on University Parkway. It is adjacent to the Lacrosse Museum.
                    This run is 45 minutes. Following the run, we go out for pizza. We average
                    10-15 people.

                    3)Free Marathon Training for Fall (Baltimore)Marathons--Please contact me
                    brodymark@... if you are interested. We will have close to 100 runners
                    of all abilities. We currently have 72 runners. My marathon training
                    philosophy is "have fun, stay injury free, and still have a life"! You need
                    to currently be able to run only 3 miles. We have a 100% success rate!

                    Unlike other marathon programs, we are not doing this for profit and you
                    don't have to raise thousands of dollars for charity. In June, however, I
                    will ask you to make a VOLUNTARY tax deductible charitable contribution.
                    100% of this will be used to buy "back to school" supplies for
                    underprivileged children. The Running/Walking/Eating/Volunteering Club
                    exists solely to give back back to our community!!!!!

                    4)Ultimate Frisbee begins Wednesday night May 8th
                    What: Coed Ultimate Frisbee
                    Who: Everyone is welcome-you don't need to know how to play. You just need
                    to have the desire to run around and have fun
                    When: Every Wednesday night at 6:30
                    Where:Pikesville H.S. on Smith Avenue on the large baseball field behind
                    the school.
                    Cost: $5 for the entire season (yes, you have to pay even if you are just
                    playing one time and please volunteer the money so that we don't have to
                    make an effort to collect it) If there is a profit, the money will be used
                    to buy back-to-school supplies for underprivileged children.
                    Thank you: Thanks to Peter Evans for organizing ultimate this year

                    OTHER EVENTS
                    1)Help Wanted: Administrative Assistant for Brody Financial. This is a
                    full-time position in Hunt Valley, MD. Applicant must have strong computer
                    skills and be extremely well organized and hard working. In addition,
                    applicant must be able to work well without supervision. Plenty of room for
                    growth. Please send Resume including salary requirements to:

                    MarkBrody@...
                    or mail to:
                    Brody Financial
                    Executive Plaze IV, Suite 200
                    11350 McCormick Road
                    Hunt Valley, MD 21031

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Mark Brody
                    Brody Financial
                    Executive Plaza IV
                    11350 McCormick Road, Suite 200
                    Hunt Valley, MD 21031
                    410-773-8331
                    Brodymark@...
                  • Mark Brody
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 14, 2003
                      Description of Events

                      RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                      1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                      Geckos
                      2318 Fleet St.
                      Canton, MD
                      410-732-1961

                      It is "First timers day". If you have never attended a running club event, this is an awesome time to do so. We will have at least 20 first timers joining us. Geckos has a wonderful brunch. The cost will be $13 including tax and tip for this AUCE Brunch.

                      See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat. We'll be meeting regardless of the weather. Everyone from casual walkers to serious marathoners are encouraged to attend!

                      Easy Directions:
                      83 South
                      83 becomes President Street
                      Make a left on Fleet
                      The restaurant will be on the left after you pass through Fells Pt.

                      2)Interested in getting in shape? How would you like to be able to run 6 miles or 10 miles? What about a half marathon or a marathon? As long as you are healthy and without medical restrictions, I promise that you can complete any distance up to and including the Baltimore Marathon (26.2 miles) this year! This means you! Contact me for more details if this is the year that you are going to become physically fit to the best of your ability. Even if you can't currently run around the block, you will be able to do this if you have the desire. Brodymark@...

                      3) Our next volunteer event is January 25th for the Police Athletic League. This is going to be the start of a very special relationship. We're going to have the opportunity to make an ongoing difference in the lives of children who need us.

                      We will run/walk and then have bruch as always. Immediately after brunch, we are going to be put to work for a few hours. Some of the kids are in a cooking class and they will be preparing our brunch. Some of the kids will also be volunteering with us. A reporter will be joining us. See the next item.

                      4)Wednesday evening runs are back! We leave promptly at 6:30 from the parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. (I am usually unable to attend.)

                      6)Late Spring Marathon Paige and some other R/W/E/V members will be training for a late Spring Marathon. You currently need to be ready to run 12 miles to safely do this. If you are interested, please contact paigekurtz@...." (If you want to run a Fall Marathon, contact Brodymark@.... You don't have to currently be able to run a mile.)

                      OTHER
                      Loren is looking for someone to run 4-5 miles with on Sunday starting at 9:00 A.M. myshima@...
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Message 10 of 28 , Feb 5, 2003

                        Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                        Loco Hombre
                        413 West Cold Spring Lane
                        Baltimore, MD 21210
                        410-889-2233

                        See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat.  Expected crowd size is 60 people.  Please join us!  We truly get everyone from casual walkers to serious marathoners.  We love newcomers!!  For that matter, we also miss some of the old timers. Ages range from 22-60+.  Come see what you've been missing.  brodymark@...

                        Easy directions from anywhere:
                        83 to Cold Spring Lane (Head East)
                        After you pass Roland Ave, it will be .3 miles on your right.

                        2)Run 10 miles by May 31st and a marathon in October.  We're expecting 100 runners to run a fall Marathon with us.  This training program is FREE!  Everyone who trains with us succeeds!  You don't have to be able currently run a mile.  By May 31st, you'll be running 10 miles.  At that point, you'll decide whether 10 miles is enough or that you want to do a 26.2 mile marathon!  Contact me for details.  Brodymark@...

                        3)Wednesday evening Hopkins' runs are back!  We leave promptly at 6:30 from the parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway.  This is a 45 minute out and back run.  We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn around.  This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone finishes about the same time.  All abilities are welcome.  Brodymark@...

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 2 11:26 AM
                          Description of Events

                          RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                          1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                          Mimi's Cafe
                          2823 Smith Ave (Greenspring Shopping Center)
                          Baltimore, MD 21208
                          (410) 358-7902

                          See you at 10:00 to run/walk and 11:00 to eat. We get everyone from casual walkers to serious marathoners. Expected crowd size is 50 people. I give everyone a course map with various distances of between 2 and 6 miles. You decide how far that you want to go. We will match you up with others of the same speed. Immediately following the run/walk, we have brunch. Our Saturday morning events are free, just pay for your own brunch. (If you want to run further, we will have a group running 8 miles starting at 9:40 and a group running 10 miles starting at 9:15.) We love newcomers! brodymark@...

                          Directions:
                          From 695:
                          695 to Exit 20 towards Pikesville
                          Make a left on Slade (Jiffy Lube on the corner)
                          Slade becomes Smith
                          Mimi's is on the right hand side inside of the Greenspring Shopping Center

                          From the City:
                          83 North
                          Northern Parkway East
                          Left on Falls Road (this is fairly quick)
                          Left on Old Pimlico (after Princeton Sports on right)
                          Another Left on Old Pimlico
                          Right on Smith (Royal Farms)
                          Mimi's is on the left hand side inside of the Greenspring Shopping Center

                          2)Baltimore's best marathon training--Free! We're expecting 150 runners to run a fall Marathon with us. Everyone who trains with us succeeds! You don't have to be able currently run a mile. Contact me for details. Most programs charge $150, but we're free and we have a higher success rate! Brodymark@...

                          3)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave promptly at 6:30 from the parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. Brodymark@...

                          4)10 mile on run on Saturday followed by brunch. This will start at 9:15 at Mimi's Cafe. For complete details of location see #1 above.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 7, 2003
                            Description of Events

                            1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:
                            Loco Hombre
                            413 West Cold Spring Lane
                            Baltimore, MD 21210
                            410-889-2233

                            See you at 10:00 to Run/Walk and 11:00 to eat. Expected crowd size is 40 people. We love newcomers! We'll have everyone from serious marathon runners to very casual walkers. Brodymark@...

                            Easy Directions from anywhere:
                            83 to Cold Spring Lane heading EAST
                            The restaurant will be on the right hand side after passing Roland Avenue

                            2)Baltimore marathon/half marathon /marathon relay training! We're expecting 150 runners to run a fall Marathon/Half marathon or Marathon Relay with us. Everyone who trains with us succeeds! You only have to be able to currently run one mile to be able to do the half marathon or the relay. You should now be able to run at least 12 miles to safely run the marathon. Contact me for details. Brodymark@...

                            3)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave promptly at 6:30 from the parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. Brodymark@...

                            4)Ultimate Frisbee every Thursday night:
                            where: Pikesville HS, 7621 Labyrinth Road (in back of the school
                            when: Every Thursday This is the first week 6:30 pm
                            cost: $5 for the entire season
                            Ultimate is an amazingly fun game. This is a great sport for anyone who just wants to run around. Never played before? Don't worry. It only takes about 2 minutes to learn. For questions or additional details, contact Peter Evans peter_evans1@....

                            5) On July 26th, we will be volunteering for House of Ruth. Please plan on joining us as we volunteer for this wonderful organization. http://www.hruth.org/
                            Following the run/walk, we plan to put you all to work on yard work, so it would be great if people could bring gloves, shovels, pruners, rakes, etc. More details to follow.

                          • Jim Adams
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 3, 2003
                              Our Saturday run/walks are now starting at 9:00 A.M.

                              RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                              1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at Joan and Gary's Bagel Shop
                              2)Wednesday Night Hopkins' Run
                              3)Ultimate Frisbee every Thursday (We'll be playing until Mid-September.)
                              4)Registration for Marathon/Half Marathon/Relay/5k
                              5) New Walking Club

                              Description of Events

                              RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                              1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be at:

                              Joan and Gary's Bagel Shop
                              1496 Reisterstown Rd
                              Baltimore, MD 21208
                              410-484-9102

                              See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 for breakfast. We love newcomers
                              and we get runners and walkers of ALL abilities. Brodymark@...

                              Directions:
                              695 to exit 20 towards Pikesville.
                              It will be about a mile on the right hand side inside of a strip mall called
                              Club Centre which is flanked by a Blockbuster Video and a Quizno's Sub shop.

                              2)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave promptly at 6:30 from the
                              parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute
                              out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn
                              around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone
                              finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. Brodymark@...

                              3)Ultimate Frisbee every Thursday night:
                              (We'll be playing through mid-September)
                              where: Pikesville HS, 7621 Labyrinth Road (in back of the school
                              when: Every Thursday 6:30 pm
                              cost: $5 for the entire season
                              Ultimate is an amazingly fun game. This is a great sport for anyone who
                              just wants to run around. Never played before? Don't worry. It only takes
                              about 2 minutes to learn. For questions or additional details, contact
                              Peter Evans peter_evans1@....

                              4)Baltimore Marathon/Half Marathon/Relay/5k Registration Now is the time
                              to register for the Marathon and Half Marathon.

                              5)The Edward A. Myerberg Senior Center will start a walking club on Monday
                              September 22 at 10 a.m. The first 30 participants will receive a free pedometer
                              and will track their progress for 2 months. Any volunteers who would like
                              to help motivate and encourage our seniors are welcome. Please
                              call Sherrie Polsky, program coordinator 410-358-6856.
                              sherrie@...
                            • Jim Adams
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 11, 2003
                                1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at Caffe Brio in Federal Hill
                                2)Wednesday Night Hopkins' Run
                                3)Ultimate Frisbee every Thursday (We'll be playing until September 25.)

                                Our Saturday run/walks are now starting at 9:00 A.M.

                                We are the feature article in the December issue of Cooking Light Magazine
                                (Circulation 1,000,000+) The photographer will be at the club this Saturday
                                9/13. Come join us!!! Also, this is an excellent week for newcomers.
                                As an added "bonus", my 7 week son, Leo, will be making his debut. I am
                                encouraging other parents to bring their children in strollers. Children
                                of all ages are always invited.

                                1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be at:

                                Caffe Brio
                                904 S. Charles St
                                Federal Hill
                                410-234-0235

                                See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 for breakfast. We love newcomers
                                and we get runners and walkers of ALL abilities. Brodymark@...

                                We will be getting national publicity from Cooking Light Magazine. The
                                article is the feature of the December issue. Therefore, it has been requested
                                that we bring some cold weather running gear to pose for the pictures.

                                Directions:
                                83 South to St. Paul St
                                St. Paul becomes Light Street
                                Make a right on Lee Street (Harbor Court Hotel/Condo)
                                Left on Charles

                                2)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave promptly at 6:30 from the
                                parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute
                                out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn
                                around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone
                                finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. Brodymark@...

                                3)Ultimate Frisbee every Thursday night:
                                (We'll be playing through September 25)

                                Message 15 of 28 , Oct 14, 2003
                                  1)Saturday's Run/Walk will be the Baltimore Marathon/Half Marathon/Relay/5k--
                                  If you are not running, please volunteer for our waterstop
                                  2)Wednesday Night Hopkins' Run
                                  3)Saturday October 25th will be a volunteer event for Habitat for Humanity
                                  (Details next week)
                                  4) Carpool to Half Marathon

                                  Description of Events

                                  RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                                  1)Saturday's Run/Walk is the Baltimore Marathon/Half Marathon/Relay and
                                  5K. Come volunteer with us at our waterstop. It's a lot of fun and very
                                  motivational for anyone who may want to run a race in the future. All volunteers
                                  will get a free Under Armour shirt.
                                  Details (From Ken Edwards ksedwards@... 410-486-1769 (Home) 410-808-0277
                                  (Cell)
                                  Contact Ken with all questions. He's leading our efforts.)

                                  Please send Ken your shirt size (M, L, XL, XXL)
                                  We need your help to set up at 7:45am on Sat. Oct. 18th. We will be at the
                                  Bank of America Bldg. on Light and Redwood Streets. The first runners (5
                                  minute pace) will be at mile 8 at around 8:40am. The last runners will be
                                  coming by at around 10:00. Clean up should be completed before 11:00.
                                  Our first job as water stop volunteers will be Set-Up
                                  Check in, sign a waiver, and stretch
                                  Have coffee (not provided)
                                  Get dressed...t-shirts will be provided (long sleeve, performance, Underarmour
                                  shirts)
                                  Place the 8 to 10 tables along the road according to the plan
                                  Open the water source
                                  Mix the Gatorade (Lemon Lime and Orange) and perform taste tests
                                  Fill cups 2 to 3 layers high on the tables
                                  Put up the signs
                                  Know where the nearest first aid station is located
                                  Make a plan for lunch
                                  Receive a specific task to start the day (we will rotate during the
                                  day)
                                  The runners come by
                                  Encourage the runners - they have run 8 miles and have 18 miles to go
                                  One group continually cleans the area of discarded cups
                                  One group monitors and fills the cups
                                  Put coolers, boxes, etc. next to or under the table - not on top
                                  Use layering sheets to stack the cups
                                  Maintain one full layer of cups on the table.
                                  Yell if you are running out of product
                                  One group holds the cups out
                                  Let the runners come to you
                                  Distribute the water/Gatorade by holding the cup out, by the base,
                                  palm up or by the lip of the cup
                                  Switch jobs through the day
                                  Breakdown/Clean the area
                                  Empty the excess liquid
                                  Rake the cups into the bags
                                  Put the garbage bags into the designated area
                                  Check out
                                  Happy hour
                                  Thanks for the help. The more people we have for the water stop, the better.
                                  Please send me your shirt size so I can get good counts.
                                  See you all soon,
                                  Ken Edwards
                                  Water Stop Captain
                                  410-486-1769 (Home)
                                  410-808-0277 (Cell - I will have this cell phone with me on Saturday)
                                  P.S. The marathon web site is:
                                  http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com
                                  Thank-you to all of the volunteers!

                                  2)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave promptly at 6:30 from the
                                  parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute
                                  out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn
                                  around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone
                                  finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. Brodymark@...
                                  (Can someone please let me know how many people have been attending on
                                  average?)

                                  3)Volunteer with us for Habitat for Humanity on October 25th. Complete
                                  details next week. brodymark@...

                                  4)Want to car-pool to 1/2 marathon from Pikesville?
                                  Contact Adam at azyng@...
                                • Jim Adams
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Oct 20, 2003
                                    RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS by MARK BRODY
                                    1)Saturday's Run/Walk is a volunteer event for Habitat
                                    for Humanity. This is strictly a volunteer event. We
                                    will not be running/walking.

                                    Come prepared to work! We will be rehabbing houses.
                                    No experience is necessary.

                                    Time: 8:15-3:30

                                    Location: 901 Montpelier Street (corner of Ellerslie-
                                    3 blocks south of old Memorial Stadium--easy to find
                                    on Yahoo Maps http://maps.yahoo.com/dd

                                    Dress: Crummy clothes, closed toes shoes (no
                                    sandals,etc), and work gloves if you have them

                                    Food: Lunch is 12:00-1:00. Either pack a brown bag
                                    lunch or bring money to go out.

                                    Fluid: Bring bottled water/fluid

                                    Weather: Rain or Shine

                                    Website: http://www.chesapeakehfh.org

                                    Contact: 410-433-9144
                                    410-235-5523 (only use this # on Sat morn)

                                    Gary Pinsky has some work gloves and goggles to donate
                                    but can't attend. If you live in the Canton/Fells Pt.
                                    area, please contact Gary to bring in this donation
                                    for him. standingwarrior@...

                                    2)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave
                                    promptly at 6:30 from the parking lot of the track at
                                    JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute out
                                    and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway
                                    and then turn around. This means that no matter how
                                    fast or slow that you may be, everyone finishes about
                                    the same time. All abilities are welcome.
                                    Brodymark@...

                                    3)A big "thank you" goes out to Ken Edwards for all of
                                    his hard work with putting together our Marathon
                                    waterstop for the 3rd year in a row. Congratulations
                                    to all of our runners who successfully ran the
                                    Baltimore marathon and half marathon this past week.
                                    (Caryn, I knew that you could do it!)

                                    =========~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Oct 28, 2003
                                      1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                                      Cobber's Pub (formerly Henry and Jeff's)
                                      1218 N. Charles St
                                      Baltimore, MD
                                      410-727-0713

                                      See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. Join us for a 2-6 mile walk
                                      and/or run (your choice) followed by brunch. We love newcomers. Brodymark@...

                                      1A)Get in shape with Mark
                                      I have let myself get terribly out of shape. It's time for a change. Feel
                                      free to publicly state your fitness goals and come join us and make them
                                      happen!

                                      Mark's Goals by October 6, 2004:
                                      5:35 mile-did this as a 16 year old
                                      45 minute 10k--did this as an 18 year old
                                      Current weight 185--to accomplish my goals, I'll have to weigh under 160.

                                      Brodymark@...

                                      2)Wednesday evening Hopkins' run/walk. We leave promptly at 6:30 from the
                                      parking lot of the track at JHU on University Parkway. This is a 45 minute
                                      out and back run. We run 23 minutes up University Parkway and then turn
                                      around. This means that no matter how fast or slow that you may be, everyone
                                      finishes about the same time. All abilities are welcome. Brodymark@...

                                      3)Volunteer Events
                                      Thank you to everyone who volunteered with us at Habitat for Humanity.
                                      We had a great time working with a very worthy cause....and no one fell
                                      off of the roof!
                                      Our next volunteer event is November 15th. We'll be volunteering at the
                                      Maryland Food Bank. This is a very important time of year to volunteer
                                      at MFB. Please join us! brodymark@...

                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 30, 2003
                                        Description of Events

                                        1)New Year's Day Resolution Run --Come join us for this new annual tradition! Hey newcomers---start your year by running and walking with us!!!!

                                        Join us on January 1st at 11:00 A.M. at the Falls Road Running Store. Let's start off 2004 on the right foot!!!! We'll have a 2-8 mile run/walk (your choice of speed and distance). Following the workout, buy all of your running gear. Everything in the store will be 20% off!

                                        Falls Road Running Store
                                        6247 Falls Rd
                                        Baltimore, MD
                                        410-296-5050
                                        The store is not visible from the road. They are located 100 yds north of of Princeton Sports behind Leesha Lee's and Sunnyfield Corner

                                        2)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                                        One World Cafe
                                        100 W. University Parkway
                                        Baltimore, MD
                                        410-235-5777

                                        See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. We love newcomers!!! We get runners and walkers of all abilities. Come join the fun! The club is free. Simply pay for your own breakfast. Brodymark@...

                                        Directions:
                                        83 to Coldspring Lane heading East
                                        Make a Right on Roland
                                        Roland veers off to the right--stay straight and you'll be on University.
                                        From the time that you make the right on Roland, the restaurant will be 1.3 miles on your left hand side.

                                      • Jim Adams
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 21, 2004
                                          Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                                          The Evergreen (The old Daily Grind)
                                          501 W. Coldspring Lane
                                          410-235-8118

                                          See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. We get everyone from casual
                                          walkers to serious marathon runners. Newcomers are encouraged to join us.
                                          The club has no charge. Simply pay for your own brunch. Our attendees
                                          range from early 20's to 60's. Parents are welcome to bring their kids.
                                          We meet regardless of the weather. brodymark@...

                                          Directions:
                                          83 to Coldspring Lane East
                                          Cross Roland Avenue and the restaurant will be on the right hand side
                                        • Jim Adams
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 18, 2004
                                            1) Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                                            Mothers Federal Hill Grille
                                            1113 S Charles St
                                            Baltimore, MD 21230
                                            (410) 244-8686

                                            See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. Everyone is welcome. We have everyone from serious marathon runners to very casual walkers. The club is free. Just pay for your own brunch. Come join us!! You will have your choice of various distances from 2-6 miles and we'll match you up with others of your same ability. Brodymark@...

                                            Directions:
                                            83 South to St. Paul St
                                            St. Paul becomes Light St.
                                            Make a Right on Lee (Harbor Court will be on the right)
                                            Left on Charles

                                            2)Our next volunteer event is March 27th for Habitat for Humanity. Advanced sign ups are necessary because of space limitations. Please RSVP to Jeff Goldings jeffrey.goldings@... who is graciously coordinating this event for us. This event will last approximately from 8:15 to 3:00. Contact Jeff for complete details. We will "sell out" for this event.

                                            3)We will also be volunteering on April 3rd for the Jones Falls Watershed Association. No signups will be necessary. We are planning on a large turnout for this one.

                                            Mark Brody
                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Mar 24, 2004
                                              1)Saturday's Run/Walk is a volunteer event for Habitat for Humanity. Jeff Goldings is handling all of the arrangements. Please contact Jeff with your questions. jeffrey.goldings@.... We have sold out for this event. We will not do events in the future where we are limited to the number of participants.

                                            • Jim Adams
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jul 13, 2004
                                                1)Saturday's Run/Walk is at:

                                                Mothers Federal Hill Grille
                                                1113 S Charles St
                                                Baltimore, MD 21230
                                                (410) 244-8686

                                                See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. We get runners and walkers
                                                of all abilities. Come join us for a 2-6 mile run/walk!! (There will be
                                                a group running 14 miles starting at 7:40) Brodymark@...
                                              • Jim Adams
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Oct 27, 2004
                                                  1)Saturday's run/walk is at:

                                                  Greg's Bagels
                                                  519 East Belvedere Ave
                                                  Baltimore, MD 21212
                                                  410-323-9463

                                                  See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. We love newcomers (and old comers)!! brodymark@...

                                                  Directions:
                                                  83 to Northern Parkway East
                                                  Rt on Belvedere Ave

                                                  Mark Brody
                                                • Jim Adams
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 4, 2004
                                                    RUNNING/WALKING/EATING/VOLUNTEERING CLUB EVENTS
                                                    1)Saturday's run/walk is at:

                                                    Joan and Gary's Bagel Shop
                                                    1496 Reisterstown Rd
                                                    Baltimore, MD 21208
                                                    410-484-9102

                                                    See you at 9:00 to run/walk and 10:00 to eat. We love newcomers!! Just show up. There is no charge. Just pay for your own breakfast. We get runners and walkers of all abilities. Contact me if you have any questions. brodymark@...

                                                    Directions:
                                                    695 to exit 20 Reisterstown Rd towards Pikesville
                                                    The restaurant is on the rt hand side in a strip mall called Club Centre and is flanked by a Blockbuster and a Quiznos Subs

                                                    Mark Brody