4634Re: [Ballooning] Flight Insurance

  • Mike Manes
    Aug 29, 2014
      This was proposed some time ago, and an AMA rep gave a pitch
      at a GPSL - the club-level membership fees were deemed excessive, so
      it wasn't pursued further. It's a lot easier to get the ARRL Affiliated
      Club insurance which does cover liability related to ARHAB operations.

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      On 8/29/14 3:33, 'Allen Sklar' ajsklar@... [Ballooning] wrote:
      > Hello All,
      > I am also a member of the AMA... (currently paid up, but not active)
      > I have wondered in the past if its worth contacting them
      > and see what it would take to become a "Balloon Member"
      > I think putting together a few major ARHAB groups together
      > could add a hundred members or more and make this worth AMA
      > to look at... But I am also sure that a few on the AMA and ARHAB
      > sides will NOT be happy with this marriage at all !!!!!!
      >

      > Allen Sklar, W7AS
      > Tempe AZ USA
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic