Princeton Tec Impact Flashlight Body broke

  • Jeff Widman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      Jerry (and group,)
      Last night, I was in bed reading my Bible with the PT Impact that I'm
      currently testing. After a few minutes, the light blinked out. I thought it
      rather strange that the batteries (Costco; Kirkland Signature branded) were
      dead, as I hadn't put more than 50 hours on them. The ones that I replaced
      had lasted for approximately 140 hours (+ or - 1 hour.) I turned the light
      off, waited a minute or two, and turned it on again. Once again, the
      flashlight went dead about ten seconds later. I turned it off and went to
      bed, intending to change the batteries the next morning. About 5 am, I awoke
      to feel something hard underneath my back. I pulled it out, and discovered
      that it was half of the flashlight. The main, plastic handle had broken
      about three quarters of an inch down from where the light connects to the
      lanyard. I also discovered the four batteries. One of them was leaking
      battery acid. I woke up, washed out the flashlight (though not the head part
      that contained the circuitry/LED,) and cleaned up the mess as best I could.

      I now have a problem. No working flashlight. This obviously wasn't Princeton
      Tec's fault, as I have had batteries leak in Maglites. The only way that I
      could have caused the problem was by turning the head/switch too far. I
      didn't screw it in any more than I normally do, just enough so that it turns
      on and stays on. I'm not sure, but I could almost undoubtedly get Costco to
      replace it because it was their batteries' fault, however, that could take a
      while for all the paperwork to come through.

      Jerry,
      What should I do?
      Jeff
      --
      Jeff Widman
      Reputable, Small, Part Time, Internet Dealer in Error/Variety Coins
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        I forwarded your email to Princeton Tec. We'll see what they have to
        say.
        Jerry