RE: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Question - Minimal requirements for Test Reports

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi

      Thanks for the feedback Mara, David and Jerry on this. I just asked as I
      noticed that with some of the Superfeet reports coming (I am the monitor)
      that some reporters are including this information whereas others are
      not. Should I politely ask the non-includers to update their html
      reports to reflect this requirement?

      Cheers
      Andrew

      --
      Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

      Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages
      - pureprofile by Australia Post
      http://www.pureprofile.com.au/entry.asp?P=750740385

    • Thomas Vickers
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
        Superfeet Quick Fit
        (March 1, 2002)

        [ http://www.superfeet.com/ ]Superfeet

        Tester
        Thomas Vickers
        Age: 34
        Male
        Height: 5
        Weight: 160 lbs
        redroach@...
        [ http://users.ev1.net/~redroach/RR ]Homepage
        South East Texas

        Fitting: After some mix ups, Superfeet and I finally managed to arrange a place
        to get my footbeds fitted. I made an appointment at Sun and Ski Sports for
        yesterday afternoon. I arrived early and got to shop while the fitter finished
        lunch, which made the trip even more fun. Everyone loves to shop for more
        gear.
        Once the fitter found me pawing through the camping gear, he introduced
        himself, and we were off to the chair and the stove.
        Bill was very helpful and took at least 15 minutes to explain how your feet are
        supposed to work and then explained how the Superfeet helped with feet
        problems. This guy was most definitely a plus to his employer and the
        Superfeet line of products. While I went in skeptical, Bill's lesson on foot
        health and the mechanics of walking really changed my mind. He measured my
        feet and made sure that I had the correct size footbeds before we went on.
        The oven was located under the fitting chair, and after my lesson on walking
        and foot sizing, Bill had me climb up into the chair, inserted the foam blocks
        to assure my legs were in the correct, shoulder-width position, and started to
        explain the fitting process while the first footbed was heating.
        He explained how each footbed had to be heat for 4 minutes, and then the vacuum
        bag would be used to fit the warm footbeds to my feet.
        The first footbed came out, my foot went in the bag and all the air got sucked
        out. It was a very strange feeling. Bill explained that after 2 minutes in the
        vacuum bag, the insole would be formed to the particular shape of my foot.
        While this was going on, at least 2 other employees (Managers I think) came
        over, chatted with the fitter and pulled their shoes off to show me their
        insoles. It seemed like everyone in the store used them and really liked them.
        One manager told me to break the Superfeet in by wearing them for a couple of
        hours on the first day, a couple of hours on the second day, then all day. He
        said that was the best way to break them in without having my feet hurt. I was
        very impressed by the fact that so many of the store employees used the custom
        fitted insoles and liked them so much.
        I asked the fitter if he mainly sold them to customers for ski boots (something
        that our contact at Superfeet had mentioned) and he told me that he sells them
        for skiing, hiking, and everyday use. He said that he personally had a separate
        pair for his skiing boots, hiking boots, tennis shoes and any other shoes that
        he wore.
        After both footbeds were molded, the fitter had me stand on them so that he
        could make sure that they had been fitted correctly. I had worn my hiking boots
        and he pulled the insoles out of them and used them as a guide to trim the
        Superfeet. I was more than embarrassed because there was a thin layer of dog
        hair crammed into the toes of the old insoles when he pulled them out. So, much
        for trimming my toenails and acting like I had nice, rose smelling feet when
        the dog hair did me in again.
        Bill got the Superfeet trimmed and inserted into my boots and talked to me
        about breaking my feet in slowly. He said that it would take about a week
        before the Superfeet were perfectly fitted to my feet and my feet were adjusted
        to them. He warned me that if my feet began to hurt during the first 2-3 days,
        take them out and put the old insoles back in. After about a week, there should
        be no problems with my feet and the Superfeet.
        The whole process from start to end took about 40 minutes. I found my fitter
        to be very informative and the enthusiasm by the rest of the store staff made
        the process fairly pleasant. I was kept informed every step of the way and
        felt that I left knowing a great deal more than when I walked in.

        First Impressions on Wearing the Superfeet: I walked out of the store and it
        felt like I had support under my whole foot, not just in the arch area. The
        insoles felt comfortable and were not as noticeable as I had first worried. New
        shoes always feel like they have a huge hump in the arch when I start wearing
        them, and this is what I expected from the Superfeet. I wore the insoles for
        about 2 hours the night of fitting with no problems at all. They were extremely
        comfortable.
        The next morning (today) I moved them into my athletic shoes so that I could
        wear them to work. My feet were a bit sore at first and the Superfeet were much
        more noticeable. I don
        instead I feel that it has more to do with my feet becoming accustomed to the
        support of the insoles. Despite the initial discomfort, I have had the
        Superfeet on for nearly 4 hours today and I like the fact that my feet still
        feel good. I have along day today and they are going to get a good testing. I
        know my instructions were to break them in slowly, but I figured that most
        people are not very patient and likely to jump right into full time use.

        What is our aim? Victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of
        all terror;
        Victory how ever long and hard the road may be.
        Sir Winston Churchill
      • Mara Factor
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
          Sounds good to me... Whatever the feedback, the "requirements" are usually
          there for a reason and when they are missing, it means someone might end up
          with a question about the report whether now, or down the road. Whether
          it's the email address or weight that's missing, someone is going to miss
          that information at some point.

          Thanks for your diligence.

          Mara

          >From: Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
          >Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:14:58 +0800
          >
          >Hi
          >
          >Thanks for the feedback Mara, David and Jerry on this. I just asked as I
          >noticed that with some of the Superfeet reports coming (I am the monitor)
          >that some reporters are including this information whereas others are
          >not. Should I politely ask the non-includers to update their html
          >reports to reflect this requirement?
          >
          >Cheers
          >Andrew

        • Ron Martino
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
            Thomas Vickers wrote:

            <snip>

            > The next morning (today) I moved them into my athletic shoes so that I could
            > wear them to work. My feet were a bit sore at first and the Superfeet were much
            > more noticeable. I don

            Thomas, big gap in the middle of your last paragraph...

            > instead I feel that it has more to do with my feet becoming accustomed to the
            > support of the insoles. Despite the initial discomfort, I have had the
            > Superfeet on for nearly 4 hours today and I like the fact that my feet still
            > feel good. I have along day today and they are going to get a good testing. I
            > know my instructions were to break them in slowly, but I figured that most
            > people are not very patient and likely to jump right into full time use.

            --

            yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
          • Andrew Priest
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
              Hi Thomas

              Thanks for the second report. Can you please upload this when you are
              ready. Prior to uploading, can you include a brief section on the "test
              area" and also information on your test plan.

              Thanks
              Andrew - monitor SuperFeet ...

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
                I think I fixed everything before I uploaded.
                I added the my test info from the first report, I hope that was what was needed.
                Thanks for pointing out the sentence I left out ;)
                That's the reason why I don't mind folks helping with the editing.

                TV

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                  Hi Thomas

                  Thanks for uploading the file. However, when I checked it just know it
                  seems to have a problem with a link. It has made the majority of the report
                  into a link. Can you please look into this.

                  Thanks
                  Andrew
                  Monitor Superfeet Test

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                    Apparently this is a yahoo problem and I am clueless on what to do. All my
                    other reports are now suffering from the same problem.

                    The code is clean when it is saved, I just don't know what Yahoo does to the
                    darned things.
                    When I get back from Arkansas next week I am on a mission to clean up all my
                    reports, if I can.
                    So please bear with me for a few days. Got some hiking to do.

                    TV

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                      > Apparently this is a yahoo problem and I am clueless on what to do. All my
                      > other reports are now suffering from the same problem.
                      >
                      > The code is clean when it is saved, I just don't know what Yahoo does to the
                      > darned things.
                      > When I get back from Arkansas next week I am on a mission to clean up all my
                      > reports, if I can.
                      > So please bear with me for a few days. Got some hiking to do.
                      >
                      > TV

                      Do you speak HTML? If so, you will be able to fix it easily. Somebody
                      (Dave, I think) figured out that the problem was in the way the link was
                      split across several lines.

                      If you look at the HTML in the 'Edit' window, You'll see that the
                      code for the link will look something like this -

                      /some stuff/ <a
                      href="blah blah">Blah</a>

                      The problem turns out to be that the '<a' portion of the tag is on a
                      different line from the link info. Edit the code so that it's on the
                      same line and you'll be fine -

                      /some stuff/

                      If you have a lot of code in your link (I tend to), don't worry if it
                      runs over onto another line. That doesn't seem to matter. Just be sure
                      the first part at least ('<a href="') is together. That fixed my reports
                      that had the run-on links.

                      Ron
                      --

                      yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
                    • Andrew Priest
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 7, 2002
                        H TV

                        No worries. Have fun hiking! Lucky .....

                        Cheers
                        Andrew