RE: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Question - Minimal requirements for Test Reports

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
      I guess you're right. Mara, when you make the new file, have a demo
      first section and state that it must be at the start of the report and
      all required fields must be present.

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
        Hi

        Thanks for the feedback Mara, David and Jerry on this. I just asked as I
        noticed that with some of the Superfeet reports coming (I am the monitor)
        that some reporters are including this information whereas others are
        not. Should I politely ask the non-includers to update their html
        reports to reflect this requirement?

        Cheers
        Andrew

        --
        Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

        Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages
        - pureprofile by Australia Post
        http://www.pureprofile.com.au/entry.asp?P=750740385

      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
          Superfeet Quick Fit
          (March 1, 2002)

          [ http://www.superfeet.com/ ]Superfeet

          Tester
          Thomas Vickers
          Age: 34
          Male
          Height: 5
          Weight: 160 lbs
          redroach@...
          [ http://users.ev1.net/~redroach/RR ]Homepage
          South East Texas

          Fitting: After some mix ups, Superfeet and I finally managed to arrange a place
          to get my footbeds fitted. I made an appointment at Sun and Ski Sports for
          yesterday afternoon. I arrived early and got to shop while the fitter finished
          lunch, which made the trip even more fun. Everyone loves to shop for more
          gear.
          Once the fitter found me pawing through the camping gear, he introduced
          himself, and we were off to the chair and the stove.
          Bill was very helpful and took at least 15 minutes to explain how your feet are
          supposed to work and then explained how the Superfeet helped with feet
          problems. This guy was most definitely a plus to his employer and the
          Superfeet line of products. While I went in skeptical, Bill's lesson on foot
          health and the mechanics of walking really changed my mind. He measured my
          feet and made sure that I had the correct size footbeds before we went on.
          The oven was located under the fitting chair, and after my lesson on walking
          and foot sizing, Bill had me climb up into the chair, inserted the foam blocks
          to assure my legs were in the correct, shoulder-width position, and started to
          explain the fitting process while the first footbed was heating.
          He explained how each footbed had to be heat for 4 minutes, and then the vacuum
          bag would be used to fit the warm footbeds to my feet.
          The first footbed came out, my foot went in the bag and all the air got sucked
          out. It was a very strange feeling. Bill explained that after 2 minutes in the
          vacuum bag, the insole would be formed to the particular shape of my foot.
          While this was going on, at least 2 other employees (Managers I think) came
          over, chatted with the fitter and pulled their shoes off to show me their
          insoles. It seemed like everyone in the store used them and really liked them.
          One manager told me to break the Superfeet in by wearing them for a couple of
          hours on the first day, a couple of hours on the second day, then all day. He
          said that was the best way to break them in without having my feet hurt. I was
          very impressed by the fact that so many of the store employees used the custom
          fitted insoles and liked them so much.
          I asked the fitter if he mainly sold them to customers for ski boots (something
          that our contact at Superfeet had mentioned) and he told me that he sells them
          for skiing, hiking, and everyday use. He said that he personally had a separate
          pair for his skiing boots, hiking boots, tennis shoes and any other shoes that
          he wore.
          After both footbeds were molded, the fitter had me stand on them so that he
          could make sure that they had been fitted correctly. I had worn my hiking boots
          and he pulled the insoles out of them and used them as a guide to trim the
          Superfeet. I was more than embarrassed because there was a thin layer of dog
          hair crammed into the toes of the old insoles when he pulled them out. So, much
          for trimming my toenails and acting like I had nice, rose smelling feet when
          the dog hair did me in again.
          Bill got the Superfeet trimmed and inserted into my boots and talked to me
          about breaking my feet in slowly. He said that it would take about a week
          before the Superfeet were perfectly fitted to my feet and my feet were adjusted
          to them. He warned me that if my feet began to hurt during the first 2-3 days,
          take them out and put the old insoles back in. After about a week, there should
          be no problems with my feet and the Superfeet.
          The whole process from start to end took about 40 minutes. I found my fitter
          to be very informative and the enthusiasm by the rest of the store staff made
          the process fairly pleasant. I was kept informed every step of the way and
          felt that I left knowing a great deal more than when I walked in.

          First Impressions on Wearing the Superfeet: I walked out of the store and it
          felt like I had support under my whole foot, not just in the arch area. The
          insoles felt comfortable and were not as noticeable as I had first worried. New
          shoes always feel like they have a huge hump in the arch when I start wearing
          them, and this is what I expected from the Superfeet. I wore the insoles for
          about 2 hours the night of fitting with no problems at all. They were extremely
          comfortable.
          The next morning (today) I moved them into my athletic shoes so that I could
          wear them to work. My feet were a bit sore at first and the Superfeet were much
          more noticeable. I don
          instead I feel that it has more to do with my feet becoming accustomed to the
          support of the insoles. Despite the initial discomfort, I have had the
          Superfeet on for nearly 4 hours today and I like the fact that my feet still
          feel good. I have along day today and they are going to get a good testing. I
          know my instructions were to break them in slowly, but I figured that most
          people are not very patient and likely to jump right into full time use.

          What is our aim? Victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of
          all terror;
          Victory how ever long and hard the road may be.
          Sir Winston Churchill
        • Mara Factor
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
            Sounds good to me... Whatever the feedback, the "requirements" are usually
            there for a reason and when they are missing, it means someone might end up
            with a question about the report whether now, or down the road. Whether
            it's the email address or weight that's missing, someone is going to miss
            that information at some point.

            Thanks for your diligence.

            Mara

            >From: Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
            >Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:14:58 +0800
            >
            >Hi
            >
            >Thanks for the feedback Mara, David and Jerry on this. I just asked as I
            >noticed that with some of the Superfeet reports coming (I am the monitor)
            >that some reporters are including this information whereas others are
            >not. Should I politely ask the non-includers to update their html
            >reports to reflect this requirement?
            >
            >Cheers
            >Andrew

          • Ron Martino
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
              Thomas Vickers wrote:

              <snip>

              > The next morning (today) I moved them into my athletic shoes so that I could
              > wear them to work. My feet were a bit sore at first and the Superfeet were much
              > more noticeable. I don

              Thomas, big gap in the middle of your last paragraph...

              > instead I feel that it has more to do with my feet becoming accustomed to the
              > support of the insoles. Despite the initial discomfort, I have had the
              > Superfeet on for nearly 4 hours today and I like the fact that my feet still
              > feel good. I have along day today and they are going to get a good testing. I
              > know my instructions were to break them in slowly, but I figured that most
              > people are not very patient and likely to jump right into full time use.

              --

              yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
                Hi Thomas

                Thanks for the second report. Can you please upload this when you are
                ready. Prior to uploading, can you include a brief section on the "test
                area" and also information on your test plan.

                Thanks
                Andrew - monitor SuperFeet ...

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
                  I think I fixed everything before I uploaded.
                  I added the my test info from the first report, I hope that was what was needed.
                  Thanks for pointing out the sentence I left out ;)
                  That's the reason why I don't mind folks helping with the editing.

                  TV

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                    Hi Thomas

                    Thanks for uploading the file. However, when I checked it just know it
                    seems to have a problem with a link. It has made the majority of the report
                    into a link. Can you please look into this.

                    Thanks
                    Andrew
                    Monitor Superfeet Test

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                      Apparently this is a yahoo problem and I am clueless on what to do. All my
                      other reports are now suffering from the same problem.

                      The code is clean when it is saved, I just don't know what Yahoo does to the
                      darned things.
                      When I get back from Arkansas next week I am on a mission to clean up all my
                      reports, if I can.
                      So please bear with me for a few days. Got some hiking to do.

                      TV

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                        > Apparently this is a yahoo problem and I am clueless on what to do. All my
                        > other reports are now suffering from the same problem.
                        >
                        > The code is clean when it is saved, I just don't know what Yahoo does to the
                        > darned things.
                        > When I get back from Arkansas next week I am on a mission to clean up all my
                        > reports, if I can.
                        > So please bear with me for a few days. Got some hiking to do.
                        >
                        > TV

                        Do you speak HTML? If so, you will be able to fix it easily. Somebody
                        (Dave, I think) figured out that the problem was in the way the link was
                        split across several lines.

                        If you look at the HTML in the 'Edit' window, You'll see that the
                        code for the link will look something like this -

                        /some stuff/ <a
                        href="blah blah">Blah</a>

                        The problem turns out to be that the '<a' portion of the tag is on a
                        different line from the link info. Edit the code so that it's on the
                        same line and you'll be fine -

                        /some stuff/

                        If you have a lot of code in your link (I tend to), don't worry if it
                        runs over onto another line. That doesn't seem to matter. Just be sure
                        the first part at least ('<a href="') is together. That fixed my reports
                        that had the run-on links.

                        Ron
                        --

                        yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
                      • Andrew Priest
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 7, 2002
                          H TV

                          No worries. Have fun hiking! Lucky .....

                          Cheers
                          Andrew