Question - Minimal requirements for Test Reports

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi Jerry/Dave/Others ...

      With respect to test reports (as opposed to owners reviews) are their any
      minimum requirements such as tester's email address, manufacturer's URL,
      tester background that should be included in all of the reports (1, 2, 3 & 4)?

      I reviewed the requirements files but can't see anything on this area.

      Thanks
      Andrew
      --
      Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

      Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages
      - pureprofile by Australia Post
      http://www.pureprofile.com.au/entry.asp?P=750740385
    • Mara Factor
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
        Yes - the new docs will have this listed. In the meantime - more
        information is better than not enough. If there's any question, include it.

        Mara

        >From: Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
        >Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 22:58:29 +0800
        >
        >Hi Jerry/Dave/Others ...
        >
        >With respect to test reports (as opposed to owners reviews) are their any
        >minimum requirements such as tester's email address, manufacturer's URL,
        >tester background that should be included in all of the reports (1, 2, 3 &
        >4)?
        >
        >I reviewed the requirements files but can't see anything on this area.
        >
        >Thanks
        >Andrew

      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
          The reports should have all the same info, which you probably suspected.

          Jerry, I think with the additional requirements it might be time to break
          down and finally come up with a template for the top of the file with all
          the required info. They can customize it somewhat but it would at least have
          all the currently required fields. Then when we add a requirement we can
          just add the field to the file and expect it to be used.

          Dave

          Andrew Priest writes:

          > Hi Jerry/Dave/Others ...
          >
          > With respect to test reports (as opposed to owners reviews) are their any
          > minimum requirements such as tester's email address, manufacturer's URL,
          > tester background that should be included in all of the reports (1, 2, 3 & 4)?
          >
          > I reviewed the requirements files but can't see anything on this area.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Andrew
          > --
          > Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net
          >
          > Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages
          > - pureprofile by Australia Post
          > http://www.pureprofile.com.au/entry.asp?P=750740385

          > Access Your PC from Anywhere
          > It's Easy. It's Fast. - Free Download
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/lmECdA/6XkDAA/DIxGAA/V4TolB/TM

        • Jerry Goller
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
            I guess you're right. Mara, when you make the new file, have a demo
            first section and state that it must be at the start of the report and
            all required fields must be present.

            Jerry

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
              Hi

              Thanks for the feedback Mara, David and Jerry on this. I just asked as I
              noticed that with some of the Superfeet reports coming (I am the monitor)
              that some reporters are including this information whereas others are
              not. Should I politely ask the non-includers to update their html
              reports to reflect this requirement?

              Cheers
              Andrew

              At 12:05 AM 02/03/2002, you wrote:
              >I guess you're right. Mara, when you make the new file, have a demo
              >first section and state that it must be at the start of the report and
              >all required fields must be present.

              --
              Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

              Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages
              - pureprofile by Australia Post
              http://www.pureprofile.com.au/entry.asp?P=750740385

            • Thomas Vickers
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
                Superfeet Quick Fit
                (March 1, 2002)

                [ http://www.superfeet.com/ ]Superfeet

                Tester
                Thomas Vickers
                Age: 34
                Male
                Height: 5
                Weight: 160 lbs
                redroach@...
                [ http://users.ev1.net/~redroach/RR ]Homepage
                South East Texas

                Fitting: After some mix ups, Superfeet and I finally managed to arrange a place
                to get my footbeds fitted. I made an appointment at Sun and Ski Sports for
                yesterday afternoon. I arrived early and got to shop while the fitter finished
                lunch, which made the trip even more fun. Everyone loves to shop for more
                gear.
                Once the fitter found me pawing through the camping gear, he introduced
                himself, and we were off to the chair and the stove.
                Bill was very helpful and took at least 15 minutes to explain how your feet are
                supposed to work and then explained how the Superfeet helped with feet
                problems. This guy was most definitely a plus to his employer and the
                Superfeet line of products. While I went in skeptical, Bill's lesson on foot
                health and the mechanics of walking really changed my mind. He measured my
                feet and made sure that I had the correct size footbeds before we went on.
                The oven was located under the fitting chair, and after my lesson on walking
                and foot sizing, Bill had me climb up into the chair, inserted the foam blocks
                to assure my legs were in the correct, shoulder-width position, and started to
                explain the fitting process while the first footbed was heating.
                He explained how each footbed had to be heat for 4 minutes, and then the vacuum
                bag would be used to fit the warm footbeds to my feet.
                The first footbed came out, my foot went in the bag and all the air got sucked
                out. It was a very strange feeling. Bill explained that after 2 minutes in the
                vacuum bag, the insole would be formed to the particular shape of my foot.
                While this was going on, at least 2 other employees (Managers I think) came
                over, chatted with the fitter and pulled their shoes off to show me their
                insoles. It seemed like everyone in the store used them and really liked them.
                One manager told me to break the Superfeet in by wearing them for a couple of
                hours on the first day, a couple of hours on the second day, then all day. He
                said that was the best way to break them in without having my feet hurt. I was
                very impressed by the fact that so many of the store employees used the custom
                fitted insoles and liked them so much.
                I asked the fitter if he mainly sold them to customers for ski boots (something
                that our contact at Superfeet had mentioned) and he told me that he sells them
                for skiing, hiking, and everyday use. He said that he personally had a separate
                pair for his skiing boots, hiking boots, tennis shoes and any other shoes that
                he wore.
                After both footbeds were molded, the fitter had me stand on them so that he
                could make sure that they had been fitted correctly. I had worn my hiking boots
                and he pulled the insoles out of them and used them as a guide to trim the
                Superfeet. I was more than embarrassed because there was a thin layer of dog
                hair crammed into the toes of the old insoles when he pulled them out. So, much
                for trimming my toenails and acting like I had nice, rose smelling feet when
                the dog hair did me in again.
                Bill got the Superfeet trimmed and inserted into my boots and talked to me
                about breaking my feet in slowly. He said that it would take about a week
                before the Superfeet were perfectly fitted to my feet and my feet were adjusted
                to them. He warned me that if my feet began to hurt during the first 2-3 days,
                take them out and put the old insoles back in. After about a week, there should
                be no problems with my feet and the Superfeet.
                The whole process from start to end took about 40 minutes. I found my fitter
                to be very informative and the enthusiasm by the rest of the store staff made
                the process fairly pleasant. I was kept informed every step of the way and
                felt that I left knowing a great deal more than when I walked in.

                First Impressions on Wearing the Superfeet: I walked out of the store and it
                felt like I had support under my whole foot, not just in the arch area. The
                insoles felt comfortable and were not as noticeable as I had first worried. New
                shoes always feel like they have a huge hump in the arch when I start wearing
                them, and this is what I expected from the Superfeet. I wore the insoles for
                about 2 hours the night of fitting with no problems at all. They were extremely
                comfortable.
                The next morning (today) I moved them into my athletic shoes so that I could
                wear them to work. My feet were a bit sore at first and the Superfeet were much
                more noticeable. I don
                instead I feel that it has more to do with my feet becoming accustomed to the
                support of the insoles. Despite the initial discomfort, I have had the
                Superfeet on for nearly 4 hours today and I like the fact that my feet still
                feel good. I have along day today and they are going to get a good testing. I
                know my instructions were to break them in slowly, but I figured that most
                people are not very patient and likely to jump right into full time use.

                What is our aim? Victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of
                all terror;
                Victory how ever long and hard the road may be.
                Sir Winston Churchill
              • Mara Factor
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
                  Sounds good to me... Whatever the feedback, the "requirements" are usually
                  there for a reason and when they are missing, it means someone might end up
                  with a question about the report whether now, or down the road. Whether
                  it's the email address or weight that's missing, someone is going to miss
                  that information at some point.

                  Thanks for your diligence.

                  Mara

                  >From: Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
                  >Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:14:58 +0800
                  >
                  >Hi
                  >
                  >Thanks for the feedback Mara, David and Jerry on this. I just asked as I
                  >noticed that with some of the Superfeet reports coming (I am the monitor)
                  >that some reporters are including this information whereas others are
                  >not. Should I politely ask the non-includers to update their html
                  >reports to reflect this requirement?
                  >
                  >Cheers
                  >Andrew

                • Ron Martino
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
                    Thomas Vickers wrote:

                    <snip>

                    > The next morning (today) I moved them into my athletic shoes so that I could
                    > wear them to work. My feet were a bit sore at first and the Superfeet were much
                    > more noticeable. I don

                    Thomas, big gap in the middle of your last paragraph...

                    > instead I feel that it has more to do with my feet becoming accustomed to the
                    > support of the insoles. Despite the initial discomfort, I have had the
                    > Superfeet on for nearly 4 hours today and I like the fact that my feet still
                    > feel good. I have along day today and they are going to get a good testing. I
                    > know my instructions were to break them in slowly, but I figured that most
                    > people are not very patient and likely to jump right into full time use.

                    --

                    yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
                  • Andrew Priest
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
                      Hi Thomas

                      Thanks for the second report. Can you please upload this when you are
                      ready. Prior to uploading, can you include a brief section on the "test
                      area" and also information on your test plan.

                      Thanks
                      Andrew - monitor SuperFeet ...

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
                        I think I fixed everything before I uploaded.
                        I added the my test info from the first report, I hope that was what was needed.
                        Thanks for pointing out the sentence I left out ;)
                        That's the reason why I don't mind folks helping with the editing.

                        TV

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                          Hi Thomas

                          Thanks for uploading the file. However, when I checked it just know it
                          seems to have a problem with a link. It has made the majority of the report
                          into a link. Can you please look into this.

                          Thanks
                          Andrew
                          Monitor Superfeet Test

                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                            Apparently this is a yahoo problem and I am clueless on what to do. All my
                            other reports are now suffering from the same problem.

                            The code is clean when it is saved, I just don't know what Yahoo does to the
                            darned things.
                            When I get back from Arkansas next week I am on a mission to clean up all my
                            reports, if I can.
                            So please bear with me for a few days. Got some hiking to do.

                            TV

                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                              > Apparently this is a yahoo problem and I am clueless on what to do. All my
                              > other reports are now suffering from the same problem.
                              >
                              > The code is clean when it is saved, I just don't know what Yahoo does to the
                              > darned things.
                              > When I get back from Arkansas next week I am on a mission to clean up all my
                              > reports, if I can.
                              > So please bear with me for a few days. Got some hiking to do.
                              >
                              > TV

                              Do you speak HTML? If so, you will be able to fix it easily. Somebody
                              (Dave, I think) figured out that the problem was in the way the link was
                              split across several lines.

                              If you look at the HTML in the 'Edit' window, You'll see that the
                              code for the link will look something like this -

                              /some stuff/ <a
                              href="blah blah">Blah</a>

                              The problem turns out to be that the '<a' portion of the tag is on a
                              different line from the link info. Edit the code so that it's on the
                              same line and you'll be fine -

                              /some stuff/

                              If you have a lot of code in your link (I tend to), don't worry if it
                              runs over onto another line. That doesn't seem to matter. Just be sure
                              the first part at least ('<a href="') is together. That fixed my reports
                              that had the run-on links.

                              Ron
                              --

                              yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
                            • Andrew Priest
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 7, 2002
                                H TV

                                No worries. Have fun hiking! Lucky .....

                                Cheers
                                Andrew