Application to test Golight Earth

  • Coy & Rhonda Starnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      Jerry

      I would like to test the Golight Earth Pack. Size large. I have slowly been converting to light weight gear and my pack(s) are one of the final holdouts. I currently use a monster Eureka Atlas II for winter camping and an old wore out Camp Trails (Lobo I think) that was my first pack over 20 years ago. Needless to say pack evolution has come a long way. I would be testing the pack for short overnights untill school lets out in May when I plan to carry my kids on a 3 day trip. I try to get in a 3 mile walk every  couple of days up and down the side of a mountain and would test the pack on these walks an all day will be later. If this is a problem I feel it only fair to be upfront about it. On my last 3 day trip I started out with 36 lbs. The Golight Earth would have droped about 4 lbs and put me closer to the sub 25 lbs goal I have set.

      I have read the test requirements and agree to abide by all rules

       Coy Starnes; e-mail: cstarnes@...

      Tester Bio: Male: 40 years old: 6 feet tall: Weight 230 lbs. Though not a novice backpacker I am not an expert and am still making the transition from average weight gear to lighter weight gear.  I also enjoy canoeing, hunting, caving, and just taking long walks outdoors whenever possible.

      Location: I live in the North East corner of Alabama in a rural area. The area of most of my camping is a fairly large tract of land behind my house that includes a hollow with a small creek typical of streams in the foothills of the Appalachian Mts. Weather can be unpredictable with summers generally hot and humid and winters wet and mild with a few snows and an ice storms thrown in for good measure.

       Following are reviews I have submitted.

       Geartester reviews

      Crazy Crib LEX (test in progress)

      Pristine Water Purification

       Jag Bag Endura Silk Liner (extra wide)

       CMG Bonfire Tent Lantern

      Swiss Army knife ( has not arrived for testing)

       Owner reviews

      Hennessy Original Hammock

      Petzl Tikka Headlamp

       Thanks for the opportunity to apply for this test

       Coy Boy