Beta testing suggestion

  • David Anderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
      Jerry,

      I just finished filling out my tester forms for Yaktrax and came to the
      conclusion that after 25 years of computer use that I am almost totally
      incapable of writing legibly. I was getting writers cramp after the first
      page.

      In the future you might suggest that they provide us with their forms in
      some sort of electronic format, after all that is the normal format used by
      this group.

      Even an e-mail that we can just reply to with the answers would be better. I
      also think it leads to much more complete and coherant answers.

      Of course it will still be up to them if they want to do it that way.

      Dave
    • Rachel Herold
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
        I was wondering how we would know if our feedback was useful to them.
        I did receive a nice form letter thanking me for testing their product but
        nothing letting me know if my specific comments were helpful or anything
        interesting.
        Also, when, or will we be, allowed to post a review on them to the list?

        Rachel

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
          Jerry will answer better, but...the way I understand
          betas, the reports will never post to the list. Once
          Jerry sets up the manufacturer with the testers, thats
          the end of BGT's involvement. I'm still waiting for my
          beta test item, and I'm not holding my breath...

          -Rob

          --- Rachel Herold <rherold@...> wrote:
          > I was wondering how we would know if our feedback
          > was useful to them.
          > I did receive a nice form letter thanking me for
          > testing their product but
          > nothing letting me know if my specific comments were
          > helpful or anything
          > interesting.
          > Also, when, or will we be, allowed to post a review
          > on them to the list?
          >
          > Rachel

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • David Anderson
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
            I think that it's going to be a case by case thing. But once you get your
            production Yaktrax, I really don't see there being a problem posting an
            owners report on your experiences with the production model.

            I really don't expect to get much more than a thank you letter whether or
            not they found my feedback useful. I might suspect if they change their
            design to [censored] and start advertising [censored], but when I've done
            customer surveys in the past you never really found out if they found your
            feedback useful.

            The real reward is that they give you cool stuff to play with. Your concerns
            might actually cause gear to be designed more to your liking.

            Dave

            Rachel Herold writes:

            > I was wondering how we would know if our feedback was useful to them.
            > I did receive a nice form letter thanking me for testing their product but
            > nothing letting me know if my specific comments were helpful or anything
            > interesting.
            > Also, when, or will we be, allowed to post a review on them to the list?
            >
            > Rachel
          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002

              When I’m beta testing and they send me a paper form I just answer the questions, questions included, in an email. It takes a bit more typing to include the questions, in order, but that is the only way they will be able to read it….lol.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002

                I’ll call them tomorrow and ask.

                Jerry

                > I just finished filling out my tester forms for Yaktrax <snip>

              • Phil Jones

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
                    I'll have to try that. I could type their whole form faster than I could
                    fill out one page.

                    Jerry Goller writes:

                    > When I'm beta testing and they send me a paper form I just answer the
                    > questions, questions included, in an email. It takes a bit more typing
                    > to include the questions, in order, but that is the only way they will
                    > be able to read it..lol.
                    >
                    > Jerry

                  • dunning_josh
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
                      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "David Anderson" <squtch@q...> wrote:
                      > I think that it's going to be a case by case thing. But once you
                      get your
                      > production Yaktrax, I really don't see there being a problem
                      posting an
                      > owners report on your experiences with the production model.

                      That's true. I've been doing some beta testing for a shoe company for
                      some time now. The reason they want the items back is to see how
                      the "new & improved" materials and construction held up in real life.
                      If they tried some new stuff and it failed, then we all posted our
                      reviews that it failed, they'd in a sense be shooting themselves in
                      the foot by letting us test them.

                      Testing the production pieces then posting reports is fair game
                      because that's what they're selling to consumers, and it better have
                      all the bugs worked out.

                      Josh