Edit/Approval - Mountain Maps The Sawatch Range - Bob Dorenfeld

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2014

      Bob,

      Excellent Review – easy to understand and very informative. A few edits in the standard BGT EDIT/Edit/Comment format below. After revising you may upload to https://tinyurl.com/kx4kf7q  Don’t forget to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Congratulations on your latest Brownie Point.

      Cheers, Richard

      _________________________________

      ###Home base for me is the Southern Colorado Rockies,

      where I'll hike from 7000 ft (2100 m) to above treeline, with an

      occasional desert trip to lower altitudes. ##

      Edit: “at lower altitudes” is more accurate

      ### Most of my backpack trips are two or three nights, sometimes

      longer, carrying 30-40 lbs (14-18 kg).  ###
      EDIT: 30-40 lb [All BGT measurements are singular.]

      ###Retail Price:   US$9.95 ###
      EDIT: BGT doesn’t allow retail prices. If this is printed on the map, change to MSRP; if not, please delete.

      ### many using much larger scales than this one, the trade off is having to carry a larger folded object ###

      Edit: trade-off [with a hyphen]

      ### The map scale resolves to 9/16 in per mile.  ###
      EDIT: Please add a metric conversion.

      ### and features found on the trail:  Stream, Lake, View,  Historic Ruin,  and Waterfall. ###
      EDIT: Delete the extra space after ”Ruin,”

      Comment: What historic ruins are there?

      ###All of this data is indexed to the map on its grid so it can be easily located.###

      EDIT: are indexed [“All” is plural.]

      Edit: of these data [“data” is also plural, and you use it as plural two paragraphs later.]

      ### More about Leave No Trace can be found at its website, lnt.org

      <https://lnt.org/>. ###
      EDIT: As a longtime LNT member I appreciate the plug, but BGT doesn’t allow links to third-party sites. Please delete.

      ###At US$9.95 I think it's a good value. ###
      EDIT: See above edit regarding retail price. If it’s an MSRP, this sentence is OK; if not, simply delete “At US$9.95.

    • geartest7000
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2014
        Good editing Richard, all changes made as you suggested.
        - I just now noticed that the MSRP is printed on the map, but only as part of the barcode, which is not user-friendly: would that qualify for updating the text in Product Overview?
        - example of Historic Ruin is Browns Cabin (no apostrophe per USGS map convention), a ~100 yr old miner's cabin on top of Browns Pass
        ~Bob

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2014
          Bob,
          I think the MSRP on the barcode does qualify as coming from the manufacturer, so revise if you wish.

          Cheers, Richard
        • geartest7000

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 10, 2014
                Hi Richard,
                Just saw a misspelling in the category, should be Mountain
                Navigation and Map Gear > Maps > Mounain Maps The Sawatch Range
                Thanks!
                ~Bob
              • richardglyon@att.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2014
                  Bob,

                  Sorry 'bout that! Duly revised; no need for you to do anything further,

                  Richard