EDIT/Approval - REI Shocklite - Bob Dorenfeld

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2014
      Hi Bob,

      Another Brownie Point for you. A few edits, in the usual EDIT/Edit/Comment format, below. After revising upload to http://tinyurl.com/k54p796

      Thanks for another Owner Review and for answering the call.

      Cheers, Richard

      ###Website: REI http://www.rei.com##
      EDIT: In the text, spell out the web address.

      ###Maximum Length: 57 in (145 cm)
      Minimum Length: 29 in (74 cm)
      Shock Absorbing: Yes
      Accessory Mount: Yes
      Weight: 10 oz (280 g)###
      EDIT: Length, Height, Weight - State if these are listed or measured. If listed provide your measurements.
      EDIT: Indicate if the other two are listed or your observation.

      ###But after borrowing a friend's pole I saw how at least one can really aid balance, especially on tricky or steep ###
      Edit: This isn't something you "saw," more accurately you "experienced" or "learned."

      ###When I first saw these REI poles with the cork grip I knew I had to have
      one - ###
      EDIT: Agree your subjects – poles (plural), one (singular). I'd substitute "a pair" for "one."

      ### Some of the downsides of this pole include: baskets that are difficult to change out ###
      Edit: I'd start a new paragraph with this sentence.
    • geartest7000
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2014
        Of course I meant Richard (not Ray) :)
        ~Bob
      • geartest7000
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2014

          [hopefully not a dupe, yahoo is flaky today]

          Hi Richard,

          Edits made per your suggestions.  One question about the specs I listed:  You said "EDIT: Indicate if the other two are listed or your observation." - I think you're referring to "shock absorbing" and "accessory mount", so I added "Listed" on those to indicate that REI specifies those features in their own description.

          HTML is uploaded at  https://tinyurl.com/qjvtcqt
          test file deleted

          Let me know if I need to revise per above.

          Thanks!
          ~Bob

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 12, 2014
              Bob -
              Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the prompt response.

              Cheers, Richard