Edit - Therm-a-Rest Prolite - Jeremy Rardin

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2013
      Jeremy, Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org, and thanks for your Owner Review. I'll be your editor. This is a good start at a first OR, and I look forward to working with you to get it ready for posting.

      My edits below are in standard BGT format:

      EDIT (all caps) – required change
      Edit (initial cap) – suggested change or request for clarification
      Comment – just that, no change required

      After revising you need to do two things. Post the html version of the Report in the Tests/Owner Reviews folder on BackpackGearTest.org, and post the plain text version here, with "Repost," the product name, and your name in the subject line, and with a tinyurl link to the html version in the body of your message.

      Cheers, Richard Lyon
      BGT Editor
      ###Listed Dimensions (in.): 72 x 20 x 1 in (51 x 183 x 2.5 cm) ###
      Edit: Delete "(in.)" after "Dimensions." It's redundant.

      ### Image provided by manufacturer ###
      Edit: While allowed, we discourage use of photos from the manufacturer's website in Owner Reviews. OK this time, but keep that in mind for future ORs.

      ### To test the sacks water resistance, I put my hand in it ###
      EDIT: sack's [with an apostrophe]

      ###The pad has a tapered design that is wider at the head end and narrower at the foot end. ###
      EDIT: and is wider at the head end [The pad, not the design, has the wider head end.]

      ###The ProLite is filled with open-cell foam called Urethane. ###
      Edit: No need to capitalize "Urethane."

      ###I have primarily used this sleeping pad for overnighters along the Cumberland Trail in the Chattanooga region of Tennessee. ###
      EDIT: Somewhere in this paragraph please indicate the type of shelter (or shelters, if more than one) you slept in. That bears on the pad's performance.

      ###If placed on level ground, I will find myself sliding off the pad. In addition, a side sleeper may find that their hips will touch the ground through the pad. I shift around a lot in my sleep, constantly repositioning and I have not gotten any hip bruises or had any noticeable discomfort. ###
      EDIT: As written this is what BGT calls projection – speculating on what another might experience. Our Reviews are limited to personal experience. As you are a restless side sleeper I think you can make the same point based upon your own tossing and turning. At any rate, please revise.

      ###In addition, it does not come with a repair kit; which is needed for long distance hikes. ###
      EDIT: Strictly speaking a repair kit isn't "needed," as you've used it twenty nights without one. And limit to your own opinion – for example, "which I think is advisable for long distance hikes."
      EDIT: Change the semicolon to a comma.

      ###Jeremy's Blog###
      EDIT: Delete the link. These aren't permitted on BGT.