Edit/Approval - SteriPen Adventurer Opti - Bob Dorenfeld

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2013
      Bob,

      Another thorough and well-written review. A few edits in the standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format; after revising you may upload. There's already a folder for this product; be sure to click the "Owner Review" button when you upload. Don't forget to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Thanks for keeping the ORs coming.

      Cheers, Richard

      p s - In answer to your question about the Imperial equivalent of liters: Water volume in liters is one measurement that need not be converted, for the reason you give. Liters seem to be universal in measuring this, at least in the backpacking world.

      ________________

      ####Manufacturer SteriPEN ###
      EDIT: Hydro-Photon

      ###(However, see caveats below in section Verifying Purification). ###
      Edit: This sounds a bit awkward. How about "in the section entitled Verifying Purification below" or "in the Verifying Purification section"?

      ###Firmly press the handle's button once to treat 1 L or twice to treat 0.5 L.###
      Edit/Comment: Is this correct? Could be, but sounds counterintuitive to me.

      ###Gently stir the tool in the water, helping to distribute it around the UV light. ###
      EDIT: helping to distribute the UV light around it

      ### SteriPEN says that much UV reflects off of the top surface of the water, ###
      Edit: The "of" is unnecessary; consider deleting it.

      ### I'm satisfied with my Opti purifier where I use it primarily when hiking.###
      Edit: when I use it

      ###Nonetheless, where water supplies are really suspect, combining treatment methods is a good idea.###
      EDIT: Add "I believe" before "combining." Otherwise it's projection.
    • geartest7000
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        OR is posted to site:  https://tinyurl.com/nyqr4kj

        Procedural question:  If I'm responding to an Edit/Approval (as in this message), can I leave the message subject as "RE", or should I change it to "REPOST"?

        All Edits incorporated as suggested, with one change by me:
        ### I'm satisfied with my Opti purifier where I use it primarily when hiking.###
        Edit: when I use it
        ==> DONE  "purifier where I use it primarily on hikes"

        And yes, it's one button push to treat 1L and two for 1/2L (perhaps because user testing found that 1L is selected more often?).

        Thanks!
        ~Bob Dorenfeld

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013
          Bob,

          A simply reply is OK when replying to an Edit/Approval.

          Richard