Re: Member Comment: OR - Swiftwick Pursuit Seven Socks - Kathy Waters

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2013
      Ah yes you are correct, thanks.

      But now it makes me actually look at the phrase. "Is compliments of" refers to praise. This actually should be more like, "The compression part of the socks is achieved by way of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction"

      Ray

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

      > Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."
      >
      > Richard
      >
      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
      > >

      > > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
      > >
      > > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013

        Ray,

        Made the correction, including the rewording about how wool handles sweat!  Deleted the test file and uploaded the corrected one.  You should check out these socks, definitely.  I have a few compression socks now and these don’t feel as constrictive as some of the others.  But then again, I don’t really “need” compression socks, you might need more tightness because of your ankle.

        Thanks!

        Kathy

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013

          I actually left this as it was.  “Compliments of”  is used as “formal and respectful recognition” of the attributes, not “in praise of”.  (see Merriam-webster.com)

          Kathy

          But now it makes me actually look at the phrase. "Is compliments of" refers to praise. This actually should be more like, "The compression part of the socks is achieved by way of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction"

          Ray

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

          > Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."
          >
          > Richard
          >
          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
          > >

          > > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
          > >
          > > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

        • chcoa

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2013

              Jamie,

              Whoops!  Fixed it and also fixed the GSI Wine Carafe as well.

              Kathy