Member Comment: OR - Swiftwick Pursuit Seven Socks - Kathy Waters

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6 2:23 PM
      Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."

      Richard

      > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
      >
      > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

    • Ray
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6 3:50 PM
        Ah yes you are correct, thanks.

        But now it makes me actually look at the phrase. "Is compliments of" refers to praise. This actually should be more like, "The compression part of the socks is achieved by way of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction"

        Ray

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

        > Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."
        >
        > Richard
        >
        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
        > >

        > > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
        > >
        > > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

      • Kathy Waters
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8 9:07 AM

          Ray,

          Made the correction, including the rewording about how wool handles sweat!  Deleted the test file and uploaded the corrected one.  You should check out these socks, definitely.  I have a few compression socks now and these don’t feel as constrictive as some of the others.  But then again, I don’t really “need” compression socks, you might need more tightness because of your ankle.

          Thanks!

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8 9:13 AM

            I actually left this as it was.  “Compliments of”  is used as “formal and respectful recognition” of the attributes, not “in praise of”.  (see Merriam-webster.com)

            Kathy

            But now it makes me actually look at the phrase. "Is compliments of" refers to praise. This actually should be more like, "The compression part of the socks is achieved by way of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction"

            Ray

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

            > Maybe I'm missing something but this sentence looks right as written. "part . . . is compliments of . . ."
            >
            > Richard
            >
            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <rayestrella@> wrote:
            > >

            > > ***The compression part of the socks is compliments of the 29% Nylon and 7% Spandex materials in the construction.
            > >
            > > EDIT: delete "is" and drop an "s" from either compliments or socks.

          • chcoa

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10 8:02 AM

                Jamie,

                Whoops!  Fixed it and also fixed the GSI Wine Carafe as well.

                Kathy